Chapter 34: Surprised

Next night:

Divya's pov,

Currently we are eating dinner and Anuj is sitting just beside me like usual but today it feels different. After our last encounter I avoid Anuj as much as I can. I don't know what he is planning to do but he is scaring me. Suddenly my gaze move to Anuj, I choked when I caught him staring at me. I started coughing, Anuj handed me water and started patting my back. I clutch making my hands turn into fist, he stare at me before also, he touch me before also then why the hell I'm so nervous now?
   After dinner Roshni bhabhi went to garden for fresh air, today Karthik bhai had planned surprise for her. But before he can start bade papa who was silent all the time spoke. He said he wants to talk with Roshni bhabhi first, Karthik bhai was surprised but agreed.
   Bade papa walked towards her, she was sitting on the bench. We were inside the house but they were audible to us as we were near them. He sat beside her, she looked at him and again down.

Ravindra: I had a arrange marriage with Karthik's mom, she was kind and wonderful women.

Roshni bhabhi looked at him while on other hand we all were shocked. He directly spoke about his wife, even Karthik bhai don't know about his mom.

Ravindra: when I got to know I was going to be father I was on cloud nine, so happy that I still feel the happiness when I saw Karthik. but on other hand I love her so much that I lost myself when I lost her. On the same time god snatch my love and give me happiness. Karthik's mom died while giving birth to Karthik, I didn't know I should be happy or sad. I was more sad then happy, and as I result I distance myself from Karthik. I don't blame him for her death, but when you lost your loved ones you lost yourself also. You can understand it now!

Roshni bhabhi looked at him, we all were looking at Karthik bhai silently. He was looking down with a dull face but listening to everything.

Ravindra: I was lost but suddenly I realised Karthik doesn't have anyone rather than me. But it was too late, he had gone away from me and he was happy with Mamta and her family so I didn't bother him.

He sigh!

Roshni: only if you know how much he craves for you. He always hope that you'll love him, he waited for you.

Karthik bhai looked at her, so adoringly that my heart flutters.

Ravindra: really?

She nodded!

Roshni: please come back to us dad!

Everyone looked at her in amazement, I frowned.

Karthik: it's first time she called him dad.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise, bade papa smiled and patted her head.

Ravindra: you should move on too, I don't want you to lose everything like me.

She looked down.

Ravindra: there is no other way, if you lose something, you win something. It's up to you how you see.

Roshni: I will try!

She smiled!

Ravindra: good now go, your husband has a surprise for you.

She nodded!

Roshni: dad, why did you rejected me?

She asked hesitantly.

Ravindra: there are very bad people in world, I know I didn't fulfill my duty as dad but I wanted to protect him. Love is hallucination for today's generation, where boys love for lust and girls love for money. I have to make sure that whom he chose deserves him.