Chapter 18: Job?

After two days

Anuj's pov,

After that day our relationship is going steady, that means no progress. She still pushes me away, maintains distance, and doesn't talk to me on her own, and still suppresses herself. It will take time and I'm a patient person....thank God! Or else this girl would have made me crazy like Radhika is making Aahan.

Aahan: I'm telling you, Radhika will refuse to come.

I have a party to attend on Saturday and it's Thursday today, one day in the middle. They asked me and Aahan to bring our wives but I don't know if Divya is free or not.

Anuj: I think too, but ask her first.

Aahan: I'll ask but if she refuses, it will hurt my ego.

Anuj: throw your ego in the gutter!

Aahan: Anuj!

He raised his voice.

Anuj: if she refuses then I'll convince her.

Aahan: You are talking as if Divya has already agreed to come.

Anuj: there is a 50-50 percent chance, not like you 0 percent. 

I said sarcastically, he rolled his eyes.

Aahan: no need to be sarcastic, don't fly because you got a wife like Divya.

Anuj: I will fly, are you jealous?

Aahan: hell no!

Anuj: sure?

Aahan: bye!

He walked away, he always ran but never accepted it. What should I do with him? I shook my head. I wrap up everything and headed towards home, I have never been this happy to return home. I'm going crazy seriously, I can't think of anything other than her. And even if Aahan doesn't accept it, he also thinks about Radhika all the time. Maybe not in a romantic way but still, I parked the car. What she must be doing? Is she at home? Where she would be?
  I walked inside and my eyes roamed all over the area, searching for a specific person. I didn't find her anywhere, maybe she is in the room. I twisted the knob and entered, and there she was, removing her make up. She looked at me through the mirror, I smiled at her. I kept my belongings at their place and rose to take a bath. When I returned Divya had completed her work, I should ask her now.

Anuj: Divya?

She looked at me, our eyes met and I got lost.

Divya: yes?

I clear my throat.

Anuj: I have a party to attend on Saturday!

Divya: oh!

She gave a plain reply.

Anuj: my business partner is throwing that party, and they request us to bring our wives.

She frown!

Divya: our?

Anuj: me, Aahan, Karthik bhai.

Divya: oh!

Anuj: do you want to come?

Divya: do you want me to come?

Anuj: only if you want!

Divya: I'll come.

Anuj: if you don't want, you can refuse. I won't be sad.

Divya: time?

She ignored my statement but it didn't hurt.

Anuj: 7pm on Saturday!