Chapter 30: Hug

Kabir's pov,

I rang the bell while one hand was wrapped around Mina's shoulder. Soon door open revealing Karan, he didn't ask anything just open the door wide. He sense what is coming, we enter. Shina di looked at us surprisingly which turn into concern when she saw Mina. She came running to Mina.

Shina: what happened, Mina? Are you okay?

Mina didn't reply just hugged her, Shina di embraced her and looked at me. She was worried and scared, I looked down.

Karan: Shina takes her into the room, lets her rest.

Karan said sensing the hotness in the environment, she nodded and took Mina away.

Karan: I think you need a refreshing drink.

I smiled while nodding, Karan is older than me so how should I address him. If I called him bhai it wouldn't be appropriate as he is Shina di husband. And I address Shina as di and if I address Karan as bhai then Shina di and Karan will become siblings.
  I shrugged off and sat on sofa where Karan told me to sit. He went and bring two soft drinks, he handed me one and sat across me. And soon we started talking but he never brought Mina's topic, soon Shina di appeared.

Kabir: how's she?

I asked worriedly.

Shina: little scared but okay.

She sat beside Karan.

Shina: what happened, Kabir?

I looked down.

Kabir: she didn't tell?

Shina: I didn't ask, it would have scared her more.

I nodded and started telling them everything. I thought she would be mad at me but her emotions remained the same when I finished.

Shina: are you okay?

I looked at her confusedly.

Kabir: aren't you mad at me?

Shina: why should I? It's not your fault.

She smiled and got up.

Shina: freshen up, I'll serve the food and there's no 'no'.

She said firmly and I nodded, Karan also smiled admiring her.

Karan: I'll show you the room!

I nodded and followed Karan. After freshening up I returned back, she served me food.

Kabir: what about Mina?

Shina: I'm cooking her favourite dish, once it is complete I'll make her eat.

I nodded and started eating, food was tasty but I don't feel like eating. Everything was still running in my mind giving me raw pain everytime.

Kabir: thank you for the food, it was tasty.

I said and stood up, Shina di smiled.

Kabir: I will leave now, sorry to bother you both at this hour.

She frowned!

Shina: where are you going?

Kabir: I have some work to do!

Shina: do later, it's already late.

Kabir: don't worry about me, just take care of her.

She was about to argue further but Karan held her elbow. She looked at him, and then nodded.

Karan: thank you for relying on us, you can stay here as much as you want.

Kabir: it's nice of you!

I turn and started walking, suddenly Shina di called me.