Chapter 23: Radhika's First Day

Kabir pov,

I entered my room, I was totally beat! I expected Mina to be present in the room as usual but she was nowhere to be seen. It bothered me but still I shrugged it off, currently I need a cold shower.
   After I was done I went down for dinner, all this time I never saw Mina. My eyes were aching to see her or may be my mind is worried about her. Finally I saw her sitting on chair for dinner, but something was off. I frowned, the spark! Yess her spark was missing. Her cheerful nature was turn into dull flower. I sat at my place, my eyes never left her while she never looked at me. I turned to mom expecting something but she just looked at dad.

My Worst nightmare!

The thing I feared the most happened, something happened between dad and Mina. I just hope nothing bad happens, I sigh. We started eating, she didn't looked up not even once. My eyes were trailing back to her, I can't stop looking at her. I think I'm worried about her, I swallow hard the morsel.

Manvi: Mina pass me roti.

Immediately my eyes wide open, like I got what I want. My eyes carefully observing every inch of her move. She lifted her hand to hold roti pot, and my eyes immediately detect her shaking hand. Her hands were shaking badly......she was scared.
   My eyes got numb, this was thing I feared the most. I looked at mom, she was already looking at me. She did it purposely so I can have clue. I gulped water harshly, I was angry and helpless. I stood up, everyone looked at me except Mina. Like a coward I left from them, sorry Mina! Your husband can't do anything for you in this house!

After some time:

I was waiting for mom in kitchen, I don't have courage to ask Mina what happened. So I will take mom's help, she approached me with an apologetic smile.

Kabir: what happened mom?

I asked while looking down, like a loser.

Manvi: your dad scolded her very badly.

Kabir: I can see the side effects, what did she do?

Manvi: you know your dad, he doesn't need a reason.

I nodded, I know but dad will never approach someone without any intention.

Manvi: he thinks that Mina is not fulfilling her responsibilities.

Like I said, he has the intention.

Kabir: okay, good night mom!

She patted my back, I turned to the left.

Manvi: Kabir?

She called me, I turned back to her.

Manvi: Mina didn't want you to know about this.

Kabir: why?

Manvi: there are so many things you don't know about her Kabir.

Kabir: like?

Manvi: I can't say, but she don't want you to know anything. She is not a secret keeper, so what is making her shut her mouth.

Kabir: what do you mean, mom?

Manvi: maybe you're lacking something, Kabir!

I looked at her confusedly.

Manvi: good night!

And she left!

maybe you're lacking something!

Her words echo in my mind, I'm lacking something. What could that be?
  While thinking about it, I made my way to our room. I slowly twisted the knob, I came inside but lights were off. She was sleeping, she wants to avoid me....I smiled at myself. Now she also don't want me, I'm trash. Everyone likes to throw me away, if she wants to leave me now, I don't have any reason to stop her.......She will leave me! Its better for her, this house can't cherish a beautiful flower like her.
  I laid beside her, I don't know how many nights we are together for. I inhale long breath, trying to inhale her also. I closed my eyes and sleep engulfed me.