Chapter 27: Fire!

Next day:

Shina's pov,

Currently I'm in a meeting, a very important meeting. I was all focused on meeting but suddenly I noticed one of my employees was behaving strangely. I observe her carefully, she looks awfully uncomfortable but she works here she has to be professional.

Shina: miss. Chavan met me in my office.

I ordered her when meeting was over, and she nodded. I walked to my office  and she followed me along with my assistant Aarti. I sat on my chair and they both stood in front of me.

Shina: your earlier behaviour was totally unprofessional, miss. Chavan.

Miss. Chavan: I apologized for my behaviour mam.

She apologized while looking down.

Shina: can I know the reason for your such behaviour?

She went silent for a few minutes then looked at Aarti, she also looked at her.

Shina: is there anything I should know?

I asked while raising my one eyebrow, Aarti nodded.

Shina: tell me then!

Aarti: mam, female employee face molestation and harassment in the office.

I widened my eyes!

Shina: what!

Aarti: it's true mam, Mr. Pathak was touching her inappropriately under the table. Mr. Pathak is the manager of her department so she can't do anything.

I closed my eyes in anger, such awful things are happening in my company.

Aarti: there are more people like Mr. Pathak in company, they are making it hard to survive for female employees.

Shina: did Anuj know this?

Aarti: no!

Shina: why, didn't you all complain?

Aarti: we did but that complaint never reached him.

Shina: why?

Aarti: sir's assistant is pressing this topic, nor sir looked at the complaint box ever.

How can he be so careless, it's very important to look at employees comfort for the company's growth.

Shina: okay, take me to mr. Pathak!

They nodded, I stood up and rose out. We stopped in front of one old man, he was sitting on a table in front of one woman playing with her hair. I looked at that woman, lines on temples, half eyes closed in disguise. I clenched my jaw, some men dare to cross0 all the limits.

Mr. Pathak: mam, how come you are here?

He asked while standing straight.

Shina: miss. Chavan will tell you!

I looked at her, she also looked at me confusedly.

Shina: miss. Chavan I think you have something to return him, don't you?

She gulped, Aarti looked at me shockingly.

Mr. Pathak: what happened mam? Did she make any mistakes?

I rolled my eyes, I felt disguised even by listening his voice. Aarti kept her hand on her back, encouraging her. Miss. Chavan looked at me, I nodded. She took slow steps towards Mr. Pathak, I can see fear all her body. But she has to battle for her justice, she can't let an old man win.
  Soon the slap sound echoed in the room, everyone looked at us. Good, they will know how to behave now, I held my head high. Mr. Pathak angrily looked at her, he was about to go near her but I stopped him.