Epilogue

Until I Found You - Stephen Sanchez

Five years later,

The silver sedan stuck out like a sore thumb among the German and Italian supercars parked in the driveway of their Bogotá home - Gideon's childhood home.

Rory liked the sedan, it didn't make her stand out so much among her colleagues at the elementary school she worked at. Though, she had a hunched that they knew who she was the moment she step foot into the building - probably Gideon's doing as usual.

This was the end of her second week at the elementary she where she was training to be an English language teacher. After getting her Bachelor's and falling pregnant a second time, she landed the role all on her own.

No Gideon intervention whatsoever.

Children were a pain in the arse, she realised. God, she loved her two children but soon they were going to become little monsters. And with a father like Gideon - they truly were going to wreak havoc.

Rory stepped out the sedan and headed inside.

Their Bogotá home was renovated a couple of years back but not to the extent that it became modernised and unrecognisable, to Gabriela's dismay. It still has the cosy and antique feeling to it. One of the reasons why Rory fell in love with the place.

Bright flowers blossomed in the front courtyard and the stone paths were power washed regularly to keep it from appearing murky. A small pergola sits in one corner where a cream hammock hung from its poles.

Most of the staff from their Medellín home have moved here too but they were no longer in house staff. Most were off shift by 4.30 pm. Except for Gideon's crazy securities whom were around 24/7 lurking somewhere in the shadows.

Rory pushed open the front door and Azul greets her with a soothing purr.

"Hi girl." Rory cooed, throwing her car keys in the bowl atop of the table by the door. She crouched down, and scratched under Azul's chin before the Scottish fold scurry away.

It doesn't take Rory long to hear the pitter-patter of tiny footsteps making its way towards the foyer. She saw him coming around the corner in tiny green shorts and a grey shirt with panda on it. He wore a red head guard on his head and matching boxing gloves.

"Amo!" Rory gleefully shrieked at her four, nearly five year old, son racing towards her. He's the splitting image of Gideon, in every possible way.

He's already a whole head taller than the other kids his age. He was big just like his dad.

Amo ran straight into his mother, nearly toppling her over.

"Mami." He calls, his long arms opening wide for big bear hug. "Welcome home." He beams with a crooked smile that made her heart filled with pure contentment.

Grabbing the tab on the back of his head guard, Rory unclasp it and pull the guard off him, followed by his gloves. His tiny face was red and sweaty but his smile was big and bright, showing no signs of exhaustion.

Gideon started teaching Amo how to spar the moment he started walking. Not because he was the heir to the Colombia Mafia but because the moment he was on two legs, Amo did not stop.