28

Becky G - Shower

Sebastian stood by the tall windows in Gideon's office, lighting another cigarette. The outbuilding - the dogs' kennel - was in his line of view. In a short pistachio coloured play suit, Rory was playing with the dogs, Cielo on her trail.

A game of tug of war was taking place and it seemed the dogs were winning against the two girls.

"She looks a lot happier these days." He commented, eyeing his friend who was working away on his computer.

Gideon nodded in agreement, "I'm glad she's finally settled in."

After nearly four months of being married, Rory appeared to have accepted her new life as his. Whether her submissiveness was due to fear of him or she had lost the will to fight him, was still a lingering mystery. Perhaps it was both but either way, he got the ending he wanted.

They spent more time together lately. While Rory worked on finishing high school, he finalised purchases for his business and checked over the inventories. She often perched on a stool beside him and other times, he had her sitting on his lap. The latter was more his preference.

"I can't believe she unchained that dog." Sebastian muttered.

Gideon frowned and moved to the window. Feliz, the rather aggressive of the three German shepherds, had been untied and allow out of his chains. He was running circles around them, no doubt ready to attack if someone took the wrong steps.

"If he so much attempts to bites her, I'll kill him." Gideon swore. "Did anyone tell her not to go near him?"

"I'm sure that Alvaro kid did, isn't he the one who takes care of them?" Sebastian glanced over. Alvaro was a touchy subject for Gideon.

The annoyed tick in his jaw was noticeable at the mention of Alvaro's name. However, the kid had adhered to Gideon's warning and pretty much avoided Rory like she was the plague. Today seemed to be the exception apparently. 

The lanky boy was driving one of the ATV with a cart hooked behind it. He stopped the bike and darted to Feliz, grabbing the mutt by the collar, dragging him back into the cage. Rory and Cielo followed.

The two girls jerked back in fright and watched with their hands over their mouths. Feliz had taken a quick bite at Alvaro's wrist causing blood to gushing out from the wound.

A normal person would have worried etched on their face but Gideon was grinning at the boy's pain like a maniac.

"You're sick." Sebastian said, shaking his head.

Yet, he wasn't any better.

~*~

Alvaro's blood dripped from his wound. Feliz caught onto a good chuck of his arm when he had tied him back. The mutt was a danger to life and he warned both Rory and Cielo not to get to close, and still they ignored him.

"Are you okay?" Cielo gasped, inspecting his wound from afar.

"I'll live." He winced, walking out of the kennels.

Rory frowned, grabbing his arms unexpectedly. In her hold, Alvaro's body tensed, flushing from their close contact. Gideon's threats echoed in the back of his head and he abruptly yanked his arms away.

"I can take care of it myself!" He said, walking into the mansion.

A frustrated sigh left her lips and stormed after him, Cielo skipping along behind them. She sped up fast enough to marched beside him, brows frowning in annoyance and worry.