41

Chase Atlantic - Moonlight

The rain seethed through the small gapes of the thick, metal roofing slates; falling on the rusted metal pipes. The dripping echoed through the dimly lit warehouse. It was damp and cold with a strong stench of mould and mildew, and metal corrosion.

The warehouse sat on the outskirts of Bogotá, on a private road and isolated from any living souls. No one will heard the screams of help.

Gideon stood over the sniper; the one hired to shoot at his wife. They chased him for nearly three days, cornering him at the border near Panama.

A buzz cut, orange coloured goatee, baby eyes with a scar slashed across one thick eyebrow. Freckles dotted the length of his pale skin. From his nose down to his arms and legs. Fully exposed except for a pair of black boxers.

Fionn Doherty. Irish. Former British soldier.

"Who hired you?" Gideon inquired, wiping his bloodied knuckles on a towel. "Herrera?"

"Herrera."  Fionn rasped, nodding in agreement.

"I don't believe you."

It would be so much easier if he did.

But, Gideon has been playing this games for too long. The lie falling from Fionn's mouth was too obvious from his perspective anyways.

Gideon discarded the towel and clamped one hand down on Fionn's throat, squeezing. He balled his free into a tight fist and repeated slammed it into Fionn's face. A sickening crack and his noise is broken, again and again. Another punch dislocated his jaw and a few teeth falls to the ground.

Grabbing the back of his head with both hands, Gideon pulled Fionn's face to meet his knees. The force was hard enough to dislodge his head from his spine. Using his feet, he kicked over the chair Fionn was tied to. His body fell with a thud.

He didn't need him alive to find out who sent him. No one in this world can hide from him especially those who dared to threaten his wife; his whole world.

Whoever was trying to wage war with him was a cocky idiot. Did they have a death wish? Because, they chose to go to war with the worst person. Gideon Torres; an arms dealer - equipped with the right equipment to tear down a whole syndicate. He had the man power too and with underbosses ready to send their soldiers in at this command.

Picking up his suit jacket, he trotted out of the warehouse, leaving his soldiers to clean up.

~*~

The German sports car rolled through the gates of the Bogotá mansion. Gideon never intended to stay here for long. It was the only place he could get away from his wife; and the crazed that drove him to want to claim her.

Now that she was here, in his childhood home, it wasn't so bad. He could picture them living here with their horde of children playing on the lawn. The place just needed renovating. Perhaps, it was something Rory could do to keep her occupied.

Stepping out the car, the rain instantly soaked his clothes and hair. He opened the doors that revealed the square courtyard and spotted his wife sitting on the doorstep, on the opposite end, with Azul at feet. The cat nudged her ankles as she scratched the top of its head.

In her usual, light weight shorts and sweatshirt she stood the moment she felt his presence.

He crossed the courtyard, stepping into the rain again, and scooped his wife into his arms. He kissed her deeply, letting her know the extended of his feelings for her.