2

Jaymes Young - Infinity
Gideon Torres

Changing into a simple outfit, Rory threw on a blue jeans, a strappy crop top and a beige cardigan

Changing into a simple outfit, Rory threw on a blue jeans, a strappy crop top and a beige cardigan. She pulled her mane of blonde curls into a ponytail before popping her head out of her room to check if the coast was clear.

She stepped outside and sauntered down the corridor, her face twisting to a scowl when she spots her half brother, Henry.

He stood by the staircase dressed in a maroon suit that didn't go well with his fiery red hair. He looked smug as if he had know something she didn't.

"Matrimonio," he smirked. "Do you know what it means?"

"No," Rory frowned, "I don't care either so stop being a little freak."

She pushed pass him, descending the stairs but his next words stops her in her tracks.

"Dad is going to marry you off to Mr Torres." He laughed. "He's finally getting rid of you!"

Rory glared him, clenching her fists tightly making sure she didn't hit him in the face. They weren't close - they were mortal enemies. Henry had disliked her her from the moment she walked into their home. And, the feeling was mutual. To her, he resembled a little gremlin she'd love to squash.

She never bullied him, it wasn't in her nature. She merely rolled her eyes and walked a way. Hurting his ego would only caused more problems for her especially with his mom and their father. Besides the little leprechaun failed his Spanish test, he doesn't know anything.

The kitchen was deserted when Rory entered. She gathered the ingredients to make a sandwich while watching a recording her tutor had sent her to recap their last lesson. She was homeschooled and she hated it. No matter how often she protested, her father always found away to shut down her whining.

He didn't have to tell her his reasons - he was embarrassed to have an illegitimate child. But she was older than Henry by three years, he hadn't meet his current wife then. There was no infidelity he had to be ashamed off.

It didn't matter. What happened, happened and as soon as she graduated Rory planned on ditching her current life for one so much simpler.

She wanted what she had back - her mother, their little house on a quiet neighbourhood and maybe they'll adopt a dog or cat, either was fine.

Since she was child, Rory recalled her mother suffering from severe schizophrenia. By the time she was 14 years old, her mother had become incapable of taking care of her. She was immediately admitted to hospital and she was shipped off to her father. At least, the institute her mother was currently in was about hours journey. That's where she went everyday whilst everyone at home thought she was studying. Rory would leave before anyone woke up, catching the first bus out of town and returning before anyone questions her whereabouts.