5

EXO - Monster

A soft mattress laid underneath her. It felt like she was sleeping atop of a marshmallow thus, she released a content sigh. It was the best sleep she had in a while. Rolling to her side, her head leaves the pillow, palms sliding across a warm empty space beside her.

Silk, who sleeps on silk?

Her head finds the pillow again and she pressed her face into the material, filling her nose with a familiar spiced vanilla and lemon scent. In a daze, Rory rubbed sleep from her eyes and stared up a white ceiling. It was low but not low enough for a too tall person.

She inhaled sharply and panic settles in as she observed her surrounding. Sound of turbulences, plane windows and the familiar cold chill of being high in the sky.

Rory scrambled to her feet and jumped towards the oval shaped window and threw the covers opened. Clear skies and white clouds stared back at her.

"You're a awake."

Her head snapped to meet the rough and husky voice of Gideon Torres - her husband to be. He was leaning against the door frame in a tailor Hugo Boss suit oozing confidence and masculinity. Rory, unable to find her words, just stared at him, mouth hanging opening.

He shook his head sensing her shock and with two strides attempted to reach for her. But, she jumped away, moving towards the bed until her back hits the headboard. She clutched the white silk blankets to her chest and her bottom lip begins to tremble.

"My love," he sighed, settling on the edge of the bed. "It's alright."

She closed her eyes the moment the back of his fingers grazed her temple down to her cheek. It was him, she realised, recognising the familiar scent. He had attacked her and kidnapped her at the hospital.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked, hating herself for letting her voice tremble.

"Home," he smiled pushing her hair behind one ear.

He cupped her cheek before dropping slowly down to her neck, feeling every inch of her. She swallowed, blinked then swatted his hand away from her. A glare, anger and hatred, swirled in her iris. He was an immoral man for kidnapping her and taking her from her father. She hated both of them for planning this behind her back.

"Don't be like that." He warned, narrowing his eyes. "I don't like the fight in your eyes so put it out before I do."

He stood from the bed, buttoning up the front of his suit jacket while still narrowing his dark hooded eyes at her. A chill ran down her spine forcing her to look away. He was too intimidating, so big and scary like the monsters she used to believe lived under her bed.

Monsters are meant to be confronted, her mother's words ringing her ear from the night she had ran into her room as a child, frantically thinking there was a monster in her room. Holding her hand tightly, her mother had lead her back to her room and they checked very crook and cranny to find these monsters.

There were none, it was just a fragment of her imagination. Still, a lesson needed to be taught about monsters. Because they exist in plain sight, among the living, and not under some little girl's bed.

Gideon and her father, they were both monsters for planning this. Kidnapping and human trafficking were crimes punishable by law. It made her wonder what else they have done. What kind of businesses were they doing?

"You're cruel and horrible." She told truthfully, making him stop in his track.

Gideon turned to face her. Hooded dark eyes turned into a chilling glare, so much fury and malice. She should be scared just from that pointed look but she wasn't and kept going, calling him things that had some truth to it. He watched her foul mouth with arms crossed over his chest.