33

Birdy - Wings

"Señora Torres?"

Ice, cold chill run up her spine and she visibly shuddered. Her body wanted to react, to turn to see who was calling her. But, she screamed at herself not to turn, not to react because it wasn't her. She was Aurora Rossi now.

The line kept moving forward and so did she. Keep moving, keep moving she repeated in her head. Her grip on her mother's hand was tight, it was the only way she steadied herself. Rory took another shaky step forward and the sounds of heavy footsteps were upon her.

A gloved hand took hold of her forearm, spinning her around. Rory gasped, staring into a pair of familiar brown eyes.

Sebastian.

He was dressed in airport security attire - white shirt, black slacks and a high vis jacket. He looked undeniably handsome and appeared to blend perfectly in with the rest of them.

Rory yanked her arm free, not giving Sebastian and his entourage a chance to react. She ushered her mother forward. They were nearly there, it was just within reach. Rory took another step forward and two big, bulky men blocked her path.

"What's going on?" Her mother blinked a few times, glancing around as the men surrounded them.

"It's alright. It's just a mistake." Rory reassured her, holding her hands firmly. "They just got the wrong person." She stressed, staring at Sebastian.

He returned her look with a deep scowl. Gideon sent him to retrieve her, unscathed, while the others were having fun hunting Emir. He was missing one hell of a time in Germany.

And, finding her wasn't easier. Several hours of security footage, all the way from the estate to the airport. He watched it all to point his eyes were aching. But, thanks to their advanced technology, he was able to do a face search on the footage to track them. He found the flight they took, locating its time and journey, and hurried to Madrid.

Due to Gideon's comfortable relationship with the Spanish syndicate, they agreed to let him freely roam on their territory. Like always, they'll ask for a favour when the time comes.

"Come on, Rory." Sebastian frowned. "Gideon will be arriving soon." He motioned at the securities who began moving them away from the gate.

People watched with mixed expression, some were curious and some were concern. Yet no one made a move to ensure her safety.

"You got the wrong person!" She cried, struggling against the securities' hold. "Take a look at our passports, we aren't the people you're looking for!"

They drifted further and further away from the departing plane. Her freedom slipping through her fingers like flowing water. She could feel it, could see it and yet unable to hold on.

Rory did her best to put up a fight. She dug her heels into the marble, twisted and turned she attempted pull herself from from their grasp. Nothing worked due to the size difference between them. Plus, she was outnumbered and had her mother to protect.

Alvaro stood among the people watching the commotion. His cap pulled lower so his face was hidden. On his way to buy some food, he spotted them. Sebastian strutting the path with his brutal demeanour. Instantly, he stepped away, hiding in the bathroom stall not to get caught. He was a dead man if was.

They dragged Rory and her mother away despite Rory's protesting. Luci's planned had failed, for Rory anyways. Alvaro couldn't afford to get caught so turned his back and hastily boarded his flight to Italy. Sitting next to two empty seats, rubbing guilt in his face.