22

The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved

Rory perched on the steps of the mansion staring out into the driveway. She had spent a week in the mansion tucked in her bedroom - a place that was meant to be her solitude now her hell. She couldn't sleep at night knowing there were bodies once piled in there but she couldn't protest in fear that Gideon would not be pleased.

He slept soundly on her tiny bed, his feet dangling off the edge. He soothed her when her nightmares get too much, calm her panic attacks when they appear from nowhere and applied ointment onto her skin morning, afternoon and evening. He took care of her, playing his part as a good husband.

His actions were loved by her body but she won't let it blind her heart as long as her mind was clear - she could see pass the facade. He was no knight in shinning armour, he was the villain - her tormentor.

"Rory, come on." Gideon said, offering his hand from the bottom of the step.

She stood but before taking his hand, she asked, "What is going to happen to them?"

Her family, will they have a funeral?

"Nothing that you need to concern yourself with." He said, in a cold manner.

She turned her gaze to the floor, pursed her lips and took his hand. Don't be mad, don't be mad, she repeated in her head.

As if sensing her tension, Gideon tucked her into his chest, putting her into comforting embrace. Her heart was pure, she cared about them even if they didn't care about her.

"Your stepmother still has living relatives. They'll take care of the funeral." He whispered into her ear while tangling his fingers in her curls. "Don't worry about it."

She nodded obediently and climbed into the SUV with Gideon following behind.

They drove to the airport and into the private runway where his jet sat waiting. Gideon was busy fidgeting with his phone, catching up on work he had missed. Their little break had halted his activities, pushing back meeting with his clients and overseeing the manufacture of his products.

He had a lot to catch up on.

"Where are we going?" She asked him. They were sat next to each other with her head resting on his arm.

"Singapore." He replied, fastening his seatbelt and hers too.

She bite her lip to hide her disappointment. She was hoping to fly back to Colombia and begged Luci for more birth control pills. Hers were gone but she swore she had packed them before she left for Greece.

At least her period came this month, settling any anxiety.

The plane took off, heading for Singapore. She glanced between Sebastian and Gideon, they were both working diligently on their own laptops, brows furrowed in deep concentration. Not knowing what to do, she curled into the corner wrapped in a fleece blanket, thinking.

However, all she could think about were the bodies, the blood and the lives lost because of her stupidity. She could see Henry, feel his cold body under her fingers. He had a life he couldn't live, a future he didn't make it to. Her little brother didn't get a chance to live.

Rory's bottom lip trembled, a tear sliding down her cheeks.

Gideon, hearing her sniffles, glanced over. She had fallen asleep a few hours into the trip. Her head was resting on her knees, tilted to one side. He failed to know how she could sleep comfortably like that. Thus, he lifted her from the seat and carried her to the bedroom, tucking her in.