52

Miia - Dynasty

4 years ago,

They strutted up the steps of Clínica Cartagena Por El Mar where Chico - one of Luci's nurses - awaited them at the door step. Catalina Torres entered first, removing her sun hat as she stepped inside the building. Dark brown hair shaped into Victorian rolls, red lips and she wore navy coloured floral tea dress.

She was followed by her eldest daughter - Gabriela donning her usual pant suits and her dark hair tied back into high ponytail. Gideon trailed behind them, hands shoved into his pockets while Sebastian stomped on his cigarettes before following them inside.

The reception was sleek, kept cleaned and welcoming. He zoned in on Vivian Chua; the Singaporean caretaker hired to watch his sister from night to day since Luci had found comfort in her presences during her recovery time aboard.

In her pastel shirt and wide pants, Luci sat on the plush cream sofa on the terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Vivian hoovered over her, helping Luci support her newborn baby's head.

Gideon swallowed, recalling the baby's birth and how Luci cried and screamed as the child was ripped from her. She was deemed unfit to care for the baby in her condition; a state of severe depression, anxiety and PTSD.

Hence, Cielo was under their care. A shared custody among himself, Gabbie and Catalina.

As they neared, Luci eyes flickered to them and her hold on the baby tightened to point Cielo released an ear splitting wail.

"Luciana," Vivian cooed kneeling at her side. She remaining calm as she twisted Cielo from Luci's iron grip. "The baby wants to sleep, let me put her in her basket while you have lunch with your family, yes?"

Reluctantly, Luci's grip loosen and Cielo was pried from her arms in a careful manner. Vivian laid the baby into her woven basket and she settled immediately; her frighten cries softening into calm breathing.

Catalina's dark eyes grew glassy as tears welled and blurred her vision of her youngest daughter. How had it came to this? The Torres and Herrera family had a history of peace and cooperation; they were the loyalest family to them. And, all it took for that loyalty to break was greed.

They were lead to the terrace where a brown wooden canopy covered a neatly arranged table, hiding them from the afternoon sun. Gideon and Gabriela sat opposite their sister and mother; both wearing a blank expression. But, Gabbie being Gabbie was unable to hide her discomfort and annoyance at the situation.

Hence, Catalina kicked her shin under the table - a silent warning.

Once a week they gathered all together with each person visiting on a regular basis a couple of times a week.

Sebastian - who currently sat inside with Cielo - visited often even if it wasn't an order from Gideon. Because, Luci was important to him. She was the little girl he never noticed not until he was assigned to watch over her as the obsession she had with Cristian Herrera became a danger to her.

In the end, she became the little girl he couldn't protect. And, if was his fault for letting her slip away.

"How are you?" Catalina asked, breaking the long silence with a conversation.