47

Blackpink - Lovesick girls

24 hours prior,

Antonella, in a wine red dress and her light hair pinned behind her head, was stationed at the entrance as Rory entered the mansion. It was her usual routine and despite Rory's protest, she insisted she wanted to wait.

The moment Rory turned the door handle and stepped into the foyer, Antonella was at her side; circling her and offering to take the backpack hanging off Rory's shoulders. Before she could even object, the bag was expertly removed from her shoulders. And, Antonella began asking her usual questions; how are you? How was your day? Are you hungry?

Antonella led her upstairs, walking the spiral staircase with interlinked arms. After informing her dinner would be ready in 2 hours, she returned downstairs probably joining Daniele in the dining hall.

Every evening Gideon called her and today was no different.

"Hello?"

"I miss you." He confessed for the umpteenth time, drawing another eye roll from her.

"What are you doing?" She asked, sitting down on the hammock on the balcony.

The moment the material swung her gently, a wave of nausea rocked her body, churning her stomach unpleasantly. Gideon's words completely gone deaf in her ear.

"Rory?"

"What?"

"I said what are you having for dinner?" He repeated.

"I don't know yet." She answered, thinking about the mouthwatering food she had the last couple of days.

From meat filled arepas to Medellín's traditional bandeja paisa to hand squeezed orange juices and fruit salads. Her tastebuds salivated in delight thinking about the food, and she found herself craving strawberry obleas.

A low, grumbled moan escaped her lips as she pictured the dessert served last night.

"That's a sound I miss." Gideon teased in a low growl. She could practically feel his rough voice vibrating through the phone.

"Yeah, yeah." She managed to let out. At least, he wasn't here to smell the arousal pooling between her legs.

Another wave of nausea washed over head and she hunched over, the phone trembling in her hands.

"I got to go." She choked out, "I'm feeling a little tired."

"I love you." He said softly.

Rory groggily climbed into bed, feeling her bones crackling with every movement which sent smearing hot pain through her limbs. As she throw the comforters off, her bag - which Antonella must've placed on the edge of the bed - flew to the floor, spilling the content.

Groaning in annoyance, Rory stumbled out the bed and swept the contents back into her bag. Then, the rectangular boxes she bought after meeting Luci at Café del Mar a few days ago caught her eye. She had asked Jairo to stop at a local convenience store so she could pick it up and thankfully, he waited outside for her.

She didn't need him to report anything back to Gideon.

The nausea, the cravings and the pains in her body and the weight gain in her belly pointed to one thing. And her missed periods. She was two months over due. Maybe, she subconsciously knew the truth but just never wanted to acknowledge it. It would make it all to real.

Taking the boxes into the bathroom, Rory sank down on the toilet seat. She had taken one before in Singapore hence, knew what she was doing - sort of. With the signs, she had experienced over the past few days, a test wasn't necessarily but perhaps a confirmation would help her come to terms with it.