13

BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR

Alvaro swallowed nervously as he followed Sebastian, Gideon's right hand man, down the hallway of the mansion towards his study. He paused in front of the door, knocking twice then twisted the knob, opening the door.

Sebastian side stepped allowing him to enter. The room was enormous structured mostly from mahogany wood from the floor, the walls and furniture. A tall beige cement fire tied the room, the cement rising up to the ceiling accenting the room with a luxurious touch. Three chandeliers hang in rows, books stacked in tall shelves and there was several closed cabinets that made Alvaro curious of what was behind them.

The room was split into two parts, two desk with a massive TV on the wall between them and the other side was a sitting area with two wide moss green sofas surrounding a low coffee table.

Gideon sat in his leather chair, leaning back and hands clasped together. His hooded eyes narrowed and pinned on Alvaro, scrutinising him with every movement he took. He gulped dryly standing in front of his desk like a student in trouble.

"You ask to see me, Señor ." He stammered, staring at his dirty boots. God, he was muddying the floor. He had a good salary but not good enough to replace the very expensive looking rug.

"I don't want you around my wife anymore." He spat, directly.

His attitude was unintentionally. Gideon aimed to remain compose and professional, especially with his staff and people he did business with. Anything that regarded Rory, however, turned him feral. Currently, he didn't like the idea that the two of them have such a close relationship. He had heard from everyone - from the staff to his sister and niece.

It was always Rory and Alvaro this and that. He was sick of hearing their names next to each other.

Gideon had dined with her for the first time and in an attempt to start a conversation, he had asked her about her time on the property. The moment his name left her lips, he wanted to hunt the boy down and shot him square in the head.

He spend the entire meal listening to her talk about the things they did together and with the dogs. His dislike of the boy grew when she said she played with Feliz - the fucking dog with the deadliest temper. He was chained up for a reason. If the dog dared to scratch her he'd put both of them in the ground.

"I-" Alvaro began before he was abruptly cut off.

"I don't want to look at her, talk to her or breathe in her direction." He growled, "You're lucky you're still alive after bluntly touching what was mine."

He swallowed, taking a step back as if to put some distance between him and an unchained crazed animal. Gideon's eyes flared, he slammed his hands onto his desk, shaking the content on it.

"The next time I catch you with her, you are a dead boy." He threatened, "Am I clear?!"

"Sí, Señor."

Alvaro lunged out the room, racing down the hallway and staircase faster than a bolt of lighting. He wanted to put some distance, good amount of it, between him and the mansion in general.

~*~

"Roro!" Cielo's angelic like voice beamed from behind.

Rory was crouched by the kennel feeding Mariposa and Zorro dog treats. Alvaro had told her that they're only allowed to eat food made for dogs or else they go ill. She bet he only said that because he didn't want to share his food.

Cielo knelt beside her stuffing her hands into the treat bag and popping the treats through the gaps in the cage. Her doe eyes fell onto Feliz, the tempered animal, watching them feed everyone else but him. Rory frowned, she had been warned to stay away from him but, she was sure the dog was just missed understood.