19

Billie Eilish - hostage

Reclining against the airline seat, Gideon relished in the coldness of the plane - the only thing that seemed to calm his fiery wrath. Ever since he paid the doctor to discharged him, his rage had continued to build, stacking like a game of Jenga. At any moment, someone was going to remove the wrong piece and his anger would boil over.

Everyone was practically walking on eggshells around him. They lowered their eyes, spoke when only spoken too and stayed silence, not disturbing him, the entire plane ride.

They land at their destination several hours later. Thanks to the delay of Rory's connecting flight they made it before her. He wasn't going to wait for her at the airport, instead he planned on surprising her with his early discharge news.

"How do you know she's coming here?" Sebastian questioned, glancing at him through the rear view mirror.

"Because I know her." He replied.

He knew her. He knew she had no other place to go besides returning to her father's mansion. She was going to come here and beg him to help her. But, Carl Smith will no longer be breathing once she reached him.

"Besides her father is due a visit."

This visit to the Smith's to the residence will the last. He was killing two birds with one stone. Her father had stole from him yet again. Gideon intended to let it slide since he was so madly in love with the man's daughter. But, thanks to her fucking up in Greece he had a reason to end Carl and a way to punish his wife.

The SUV halted in front of the gates. It brought back the memories of her that he treasured yet he it still did not calm his raging storm. It only made him angrier.

He thought they were going to be okay after the incident, that she would trust him now that she saw what he would do for her. Instead, she feared him more, looked at him with disgust. He wasn't a monster, never was, just a man in love. His actions were fuel by his love for her. Why couldn't she understand that?

As expected, Carl awaited for him on the porch step tugging nervously at his bolo tie.

"Gideon, how nice of you to come by." He swallowed, "What can I help you with?"

Fishing out a gun from his back pocket, he fired a bullet at Carl's knee cap, crippling him. He goes down with a wail of agony, crimson blood staining the ground.

Gideon stepped over him and marched into the mansion where Rory's brother, Henry, came rushing down the stairs dressed in brown suspender trousers and a white dress shirt. The boy stopped half way as he watched his father being dragged into the mansion by Gideon's men.

"Dad!" He gasped, watching the scene unfold with a horrified expression.

"Go back into your room, Henry." Carl groaned, sweat gathering on his forehead. "And stay there."

Gideon walked into the office, scanned around the room and each furniture reminded him of her. The two years he had spent watching from her from Carl's office, two years he had yearned for her and waited for her. He was in agony. Yet, she didn't care.

He kicked the desk, toppling it over, wiped the contents off the shelves and smashed up pictures which she was not present. He had saved her from an unloving home and brought her into one filled with love and warmth. Yet, she still didn't care.