51

Jenna Raine - see you later (ten years)

Cielo's exasperated cry rang out at the dinner table. Face red with tears streaming down her face like the angry rainfall outside. Her throat tightened as another screeched erupted from her small body. Cielo wasn't one to throw a tantrum but the last couple of weeks, her behaviour worsen.

Deteriorating and rendered her to nothing but a spoilt child. This wasn't the the picture she had painted to Cristian about their daughter.

She didn't like her new school nor her new classmates and teachers. She didn't like her food, her room or the clothes hanging in her brand new wardrobe.

Most importantly, she didn't like Cristian. No matter how expensive, how rare or luxurious the gifts he bought her - she turned away with dissatisfaction. Cielo, who was brought up in a pampered and high quality life; it was no different to want Gideon provided her.

"Bebé, you need to eat." Luci urged, pushing her plate closer to her for her to only push it back.

Cristian released an infuriated grunt; sounding like he had been trying to hold it in for awhile. He eyeballed his daughter while cutting his steak. She cried fury hot tears, snot dripping from her nose and she glared back. The knife scrapped his plate, creating a painful sound that fought against Cielo's cries.

His jaw clenched as the noises surrounding him, grew louder and seethed into his skin. With an annoyed growl, he slammed his fist against the table, shaking the content and causing the little girl to jump. It made her cry harder, adding to his pulsing migraine.

He stood, pushing his chair against the floor, and left the dining hall.

Luci watched him storm upstairs; her face stoning at the sight of him walking away from their daughter. She was going to give him a piece of her mind. Crying babies were part of being a parent; he couldn't walk away like that.

Just as she hopped out her seat to follow him, Luci's phone buzzed in her back pocket. She halted, fishing it out.

Rory.

Her eyes scanned the message, a smile creeping on face. She did it, putting the crucial step of her plan into place. Whatever was in the drive was enough to put her brother away - just like Rory wanted. But, once he was in hand cuffs, he was at her mercy.

Luci swivelled; Cristian completely forgotten about, and she dashed to the front door. Slipping on a jacket and grabbing her keys, Luci called for the maid - one of Cielo's new nannies.

"Make sure Cristian spends time with his daughter." She ordered roughly, "She'll get use to him eventually. I'll be back in a couple of days and I want them to get along."

The last thing on her mind right now was Cristian and Cielo's relationship. Their daughter was still young and after some time, her memories of her old life before would fade and become filled with only that of her true family.

In order for their lives to stay as it was now, Luci had to prioritise her brother's downfall. She climbed in the drivers seat of her Mercedes and sped out of the mansion's gate.

She peered in the rear view mirror, glancing back at the mansion and prayed her absence would bring father and daughter closer. Even if they didn't, Cielo will soon get used to his presence and her outbursts would dimmer.