48

Lana Del Rey - Dark Paradise

Tucked under her favourite pink frilly princess blanket, Cielo slept peacefully clutching her teddy in her arms

Tucked under her favourite pink frilly princess blanket, Cielo slept peacefully clutching her teddy in her arms. Her mother stroked her soft brown hair, humming her favourite lullaby in sweet and melodic tune.

Cielo was finally home; a place where she should've been the moment she was born.

In the home built by her father's father and nurtured by her grandmother.

Their peaceful moment was disrupted by the aggressive swinging of the front door. Luci jumped, startled then sighed in relief as Cielo remained unbothered.

Cristian marched into the living room, red faced and furious. He was dressed in a grey three piece suit which moulded to his muscular structure - muscles that were flexed and tensed as he made a beeline for her.

Waves of madness and anger rolled off him however unlike her teenager years; she was no longer afraid of him. Luci retained eye contact as he reached for her throat, ignoring the little girl sleeping on his sofa.

His daughter.

"What the fuck did you do?" He roared. The sound causing their daughter to stir slightly. "What the fuck did you do to make your brother go after the last of my factories? My drug labs Luciana?"

She remained silent which only aggravated him more.

En route she heard on the radio that several fires had engulfed some warehouse just outside of the city. When the authorities went to check, they found blackened bodies - several of them burnt to a crisp. He brother had worked fast, faster than she thought.

"They were what brought in most of my fucking income." He snarled, his spit hitting her cheeks. "What the fuck did you do?"

"I tried to run his wife over." She stated calmly.

He chuckled incredulously, his widening in disbelief, "Why the fuck would you do that?"

Her eyes slanted to their daughter who now laid awake, blinking up at them with huge and terrified eyes. Her father still had his hands tightly clamped around Luci's throat.

"I had to get Gideon out of Medellín somehow." She said.

The car would've never hit Rory, it was just meant to scare her and send Gideon flying to Cartagena without a second thought. Giving her the opportunity to pick up their daughter and race down to the south. It worked hence why they were together in the same room, finally.

Cristian loosen his grip and took a step back as he straighten his suit jacket. He took a deep breath but didn't calm the need to choke the living daylight out of Luci.

"You've costed me a lot." He seethed. "The Brazilians will be on my back now. They'll want their drugs and counterfeit bills." He ran a hand through his hand in annoyance. The perfectly sleek style now in tangled mess. "Fuck, I've just lost so much money."