1

Olivia Rodrigo - Favourite Crime
Rory Whitmore

Olivia Rodrigo - Favourite Crime✨ Rory Whitmore ✨

~*~

Gideon (35), Rory (18)

Hidden in the brushes was a mass of curly blonde hair covered by a black beanie, pale skin and sea green eyes. Rory patiently waited for Mr Torres' massive SUV to park in front of the iron wrought gates. For years now she had be using his massive car as a shield from the security cameras installed at the gates of her father's mansion.

Getting out undetected was easy, she just had to climb the wall where the camera won't see her. But getting back in was difficult since her father had installed cameras at every corner outside the mansion. As far as she knew, he did it for security purposes.

Thankfully, Mr Torres frequently visited her father - she assumed it was business related. They were always in his office, talking in hushed voices. Even her younger half brother, Henry, who was known to be nosy could hardly hear their conversations.

He would try to listen in but ended up making a fool of himself by falling through the door.

Rory recalled seeing Mr Torres a handful of time, mostly from a distance. To say he was merely a tall man was understatement, he was massive with widespread shoulders, arms thick as a tree trunk and he was unfairly attractive too. He ticked all the boxes of a rough and rugged man.

Short dark hair and dark hooded eyes underneath thick straight brows. He had tall nose, a chiselled jawline kissed by a light stubble and wide pink lips. And, tan skin that said he spent a lot of time in the sun or was due to his Colombian heritage. Rory assumed he was Colombian, Mexican or Puerto Rican - she had heard her father conversing with him in Spanish.

Hearing the sound of a car approaching, she crawled onto her knees and waited for the car to slow into a halt. Thereafter, she darted out of the brushes as the big SUV blocks her from view of the camera. Rory knelt beside the front wheels, watching the gates swing open.

She kept up with the speed of the car and once she was outside the range of the camera, she dart across the manicured lawn, circling the house to the back door she purposely left open.

Gideon watched her tiny retreating figure with a content smirk. Nothing had changed about the girl who had charmed him with her antics.

He had first laid eyes on Carl's secret daughter or rather illegitimate child a few years back. She was probably no older than 16 years old at the time. She had jumped out from nowhere scaring the life out of his driver as she stayed close to the car, probably trying to sneak back home without her father realising she was gone.

It had amused him. She did this every time she knew he was coming. She had been using him as shield.

The irony, he had thought. Gideon was the type to use people to his advantages, to simply get ahead - nobody used him.