17

Eminem - Not Afraid

"I thought you said you had the cities under control." Gideon yelled over the noise. Judging by the sounds of heavy and rapid gun fire - this wasn't an ordinary scare tactic. This was a full blown attack.

"I said "at the moment"" Tobias said, rolling his eyes.

Gideon's arms were tightly wrapped around Rory's waist, pulling her close to his body. He needed to make sure she got out unscathed, she was the most important thing to him right now. Securities have began rushing people out the back and the people who could fight stayed.

Gideon flipped their table on its side, ushering Rory behind it just as men with military rifles bursted in the room. They fired, hitting the last of the people rushing out the room and anyone who wasn't behind cover.

Rory watched them fall with a scream. She tightly sealed her eyes shut and covered her ears with her hands drowning out the terrifying noises. Gideon's big frame was shielding her as she was crouched over. A gun was in his hand, aiming over the table and taking out the men with accurate detail.

"Oh fuck" he muttered as more men piled into the room.

He looked over to Sebastian who had ran in action the moment the explosions exploded. He had already taken down and disarmed four men coming from the end of the hall. Sensing Gideon's stare on him, Sebastian grabbed a discarded rifle and shoot in this way over to the table. He looked over seeing Rory knelt in between Gideon's thighs. She needed to be taken out of here. This wasn't a place for her to be.

He glanced around at the devastated hall and the fallen bodies - they were coming at all sides now.

"Get her out of here." Gideon ordered, "I want no scratch on her."

"." He nodded, grabbing Rory's forearm. "Give me cover."

Sebastian swung the rifle over his shoulders. He helped Rory to her feet, tucking her under himself as they ran towards the back exit. Bullets were fired at their heads and narrowly missing. They hit the glass panel windows and the marble sculpture, shattering them into a thousand pieces.

Rory yelped as the shards fell on them causing tiny tears. They made it outside near the massive swimming pool where the once clear water was now stained red.

Her stomach twisted at the sight of fallen bodies swimming in them.

"Sebastian!"

They pivoted to face Flora who was knelt behind a row of bushes with Calliope and other guests behind her. Some were bleeding over their tore clothing while others were unscathed with frightful expressions on their faces.

Before Rory and Sebastian could even make it to the hiding place, bullets were fired at their feet and screams erupted. Grabbing Rory's body, they dived behind the covers together. They fell onto the stone ground with a thump, the air leaving their lungs.

Moments later, Sebastian was on his knees with the gun in his hand as he opened fire. The enemies fall one by one - Sebastian not wasting a single bullet. Once the last man falls, splashing into the pool, the air goes still. He rounded from behind the covers and as expected, he spotted a single movement in the corner of his eyes.

Sebastian fired the last bullet into the soldier's chest but it only got lodged in his chest for a moment before bouncing off. A bulletproof vest. The soldier came at him with a knife. He used the rifle to block, hold and they strike in the abdomen with his knee.

They grappled, fighting to be the one who made the final kill. Sebastian had his arms wrapped securely around the soldier's neck, forced the air out his lungs turning him an ugly blue. He dropped the knife and rolled them both over causing their bodies to fall over the edge and into the pool.