7

Taylor Swift - exile (ft. Bon Iver)

A wedding is a union between two people

A wedding is a union between two people. Two willing individuals who wanted to spend the rest of their lives together.

Till death do us part.

Even in death, Gideon will not part with her. He will love her in the next life and the one after despite not believing any religious bullshit. His fingers grazed the side of her face as they stand at the alter, the officiant reading a poem to the large crowd sitting in rows in before them.

Rory closed her eyes the closer they get to the exchange of vows of rings - the closer she got to signing away her freedom.

She wasn't blinded by the luxuries he had threw at her the last two days. She didn't fall at his feet the moment he bought her a millionaire dollar dress or slides the massive rock, called an engagement ring, on her finger. He had shown her the venue his team had put together, it was beautiful like a fairy tale wedding she used to dreamed off. An enchanted forest wedding, the planner had called it. But, she wasn't a princess marrying a prince. She was Persephone kidnapped by the god, Hades to become his wife and forced to live in the underworld for six months of the year. Unlike the goddess, Rory didn't have that luxury to escape her soon to be husband for six months of the year. She was to live in eternal hell.

Gideon brought her hands to his lips, planting a delicate kiss on her ring finger. As always she looked stunning but today she was breathtakingly beautiful standing in her wedding dress - a lace ball grown with the long veil. Her blonde curls were styled in an elegant up do and atop of her head laid a diamond tiara.

"Do you Gideon Torres take Rory Whitmore to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do." He boasted with confidence.

"Do you Rory Whitmore take Gideon Torres to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

A deafening silence fell on them all.

Rory was trembling violently. At some point in time her mouth had gone dry, her throat was closing in on her and she was involuntarily choking herself. The crowd began to murmured, whispering among themselves, asking why she was remaining silent.

She felt her fingers been squeezed by Gideon who was narrowing his eyes at him. Speak, Rory. Those black pearls reminding her of what she would lose if she didn't speak in the next second. Those eyes were all it took for the gears in her body to rotate again.