(Chapter 28)/Seige of Washington D.C.

Helena's POV:
August 24th, 2092, 11:50:
South-West of Washington D.C.:

I wasn't expecting the Alliance to retake West Virginia and Virginia within two days, but with the rebels and the Alliance soldiers helping each other, it really helped clear both those states quickly. I looked out the open window of the makeshift FOB made by the rebels as I examined Washington D.C. Today is the day we retake that place for the Alliance, even more so from the human's in the Alliance.

Around the table I was standing in front of was 5 officers. One was a male badger, acting as the leader of the rebel forces while another was a female gecko, with the Alliance. The other three were humans, one of them being the Darkness, who came today to advise me along with the others. After that Brian fiasco, I decided to collar him, he broke his promise, and now must face the consequences. The Darkness then grabbed a figure on the table and moved it to the Whitehouse before saying,

Darkness: "A small strike team can clear out the Whitehouse more effectively than a large army, I advise you to send the Alpha Team to capture it."

Male badger rebel leader: "With all due respect, we need the Alpha Team with the main army to be it's Vanguard."

Darkness: "I'm sure you have other influential officers that can serve as the Vanguard instead."

Femal gecko officer (Alliance): "Actually, the soldiers are personally requesting them."

Hm, this does present a major problem. What the Darkness suggests can lead to us getting the President to our side, tricking the Anthro Army to thinking he's captured. However, without them at the front, the soldiers will likely slow the siege, allowing the defenders to perhaps shore up defenses. Maybe we could split the Alpha Team, but that should be their decision, not ours.

The flaps of the tent behind the Darkness folded upwards as Chloe and Zero entered the tent. I'd expect unannounced arrivals from Zero, but Chloe? This has just gotten a lot more interesting. They then saluted before I asked,

Helena: "At ease, what brings you both here?"

Chloe: "Colonel, permission to split the Alpha Team during this siege?"

Helena (intrigued): "You don't exactly need my permission for that call, but since your here, maybe you can explain what you mean by that."

Chloe: "We understand that the soldiers want us to be the Vanguard, but the President and the Whitehouse is needed to be taken before Alliance forces reach it. I'm asking for permission to lead the Strike team while Zero leads the Vanguard team."

This could work and satisfy both the soldiers and the Darkness. Looking at Zero, I ask,

Helena: "I assume the rest of the team knows about this?"

Zero (nods): "This was something we were talking about during our trip here."

Helena (nods): "I see, very well then, permission granted, have the Vanguard meet me here in ten minutes."

Chloe: "Yes ma'am."

They both saluted soon afterwards before leaving the way they came in. The Darkness then looked at me before saying,

Darkness: "I'm glad to see your Spartan is becoming trusting of Zero."

Helena: "Sister, actually."

Darkness: "My apologies...I'll leave you all to discuss this plan further, I have other matters to attend to."

As he started walking away, I asked,

Helena: "When will you be back?"

Darkness (stops in place): "Not for a long time, I will be back should I be needed."