(Chapter 5)/We all need to start somewhere

Zero's POV:
June 14th, 2092, 04:00:
Armistice base, State of Amazonas:

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Be-click*

Welp, time I got out of bed and get sexy. I got out of said bed and grabbed the duffle bag Chloe gave me yesterday. I tossed it on the bed and opened it up, revealing clothes of all types. I shrugged to myself as I began putting clothes away in the dark, and after doing that for ten minutes, I grabbed the one-piece and new underwear and socks before entering the bathroom and took a shower. The last time I had a shower like this was back in my world, before I came here, so it felt nice feeling the warm water running along my skin.

After fifteen minutes of cleaning, drying myself off, and putting on the one-piece, I left my bathroom and started putting on my armor and weapons, which took another five minutes. Looking back at the clock, I saw I still have an hour and thirty minutes before I had to report to the command center, and feeling the rumbling in my stomach, I began thinking what the Alpha Team kept in the fridge. Looking out the door, I saw no lights and heard no noises, so I assumed either everyone was preparing or still sleeping.

Walking down to the end of the hallway, I turned left and was face to face with the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw drawers filled with MRE's and bottled water stacked in each one. I can't really say I'm disappointed, more like dissatisfied with what they're feeding their top soldiers, but what do I know. I eventually stopped at a drawer without a name tag on it and opened it, finding two MRE's and a bottle of water. I grabbed the steak MRE and the bottle of water before closing the fridge door.

Just as I was about to prepare the meal, I felt a presence of someone else in the room. I sighed slightly as I turned around and saw Chloe, still armored as always, standing by the hallways entrance, watching me.

Chloe's POV:

That didn't take long for him to notice the other person in the room. I looked at his hands and saw he had an MRE and the bottle of water that was placed in the spare drawer. I looked at him before saying,

Chloe: "Your up early."

Zero(begins preparing MRE): "It's expected for officers in the Forlorn Republic to wake up early, so I figured we'd have a lot of time before we begin our mission."

He then poured half of the bottle of water into the heater bag and placed it on the counter before turning to me and asking,

Zero: "You ever take that armor off?"

Chloe: "Only when I bathe."

Zero: "Think it might be time?"

Chloe: "No."

He nodded slightly as he grabbed a bag and put it in the heater bag and sealed it. He walked back to the fridge before stopping and asking,

Zero: "You hungry or something?"

Chloe: "I don't eat in the morning."

Zero: "Do you ever do anything outside soldiering?"

Chloe: "I train and tinker with my equipment to make it better."

He looked at me before placing his head down on the fridge. He took a deep breath before turning back and asked,

Zero: "I was told by the Lieutenant-colonel that there was a workshop we all shared, where would that be?"

I pointed to the other door in the living room that led to the workshop. He walked past me and I followed him as he entered the workshop. Filled with tools that were for simple designs, cleaning, and dismantling. He whistled quietly before grabbing a screwdriver and began doing something with his grappling device. I asked him while standing by the door,