(Chapter 1)/Mission, or Trap?

(A/N: Greetings to all, I'm going to say that Zero is 25 years old now, making him a captain for 4 years. For your understanding, Zero has carried out all his missions with minimum casualty reports for all, making him well liked among the soldiers, and in this chapter, there will be more than just human POV's, so I hope you'll enjoy it.)

Third Person POV:
June 8th, 2092, 07:00
Near Cali, Columbia

The day begins in the evening, showing a base in the mountain peak of Cerro Torra. This base was built into the mountain that waved the Forlorn Republic flag in the yard. There were multiple buildings in front of the base with helipads on some of them. The base itself was colored similarly to the mountain, with it's entrance being a tall 11 foot door that was 6 feet wide. The sound of a helicopter was heard approaching the base. The helicopter in question was a
Chinook, that was painted green, flying over the base and landing on a helipad right next to a medical center. A group of medics rushed out of the medical center with two gurneys just as the Chinook landed and opened its rear compartment.

As the ramp fully lowered, two pairs of soldiers carrying an injured soldier on a stretcher rushed moved swiftly yet carefully to the gurneys. In one of these pairs was Zero, helping move the injured to the medical center. The team of medics took over as the injured were laid on the gurneys, rushing them into the center. Zero breathed a sigh of relief as a hand of a soldier next to him slapped him on the back in a friendly manner before saying,

Forlorn soldier: "Damn Zero, you stay true to your reputation, you lead us to victory with no casualties."

Zero: "We all did it Mark, besides, if not for your explosives, we might not have been able to save Mac and Danny."

A total of twenty-seven other soldiers, pilots and officers left the Chinook and started walking towards a bar, with a officer saying,

Forlorn 2nd lieutenant: "Drinks are on me you bastards."

Mark: "After you finish your report, you should join us for a drink, some of the others would love to find your tolerance limit."

Zero(chuckling): "Unfortunately I don't drink, but have fun without me, I have to make sure Mac and Danny get what they need."

Mark: "Always thinking of others, you know it's ok to be a bit selfish, you know."

Zero(while walking away): "Wouldn't gain a reputable if I was, now would I?"

Mark(loudly): "Whatever you say Captain!"

Mark walks to the bar on the other side of the base while Zero walks to the gates of the base, enters a passcode at the terminal next to the gate, and waits for the gate to open wide enough. After the door finally opens, Zero walks through the short hallway before being met by the sight of people running all over the place.

Multiple cubicles were at Zero's left and right as officers were on phones, typing on their computers, writing reports, or doing all three at once with assistant's delivering reports to them. Zero continues walking through before reaching a elevator and entering. He clicked the 6th floor button and waited as the doors closed and the elevator ascended.

Zero: "God damnit, seriously?"

Zero looks at the elevator's speaker as the music reminds him of his old life, making him remember everything. This lasted for another minute before the doors opened, making Zero shake his head and continue through. He walks a bit through the long hallway before he stops at a door to his left. This door was like the rest on this floor, but this was Zero's office of this base, which was non-other than the Fort Whilst.