(Chapter 22)/An Alliance that Changes Everything

(A/N: Warning, mentions of heavy gore ahead, so just in case.

Plus, over 12k words, so it's a long chapter,

Now back to the story.)

Zero's POV:
August 10th, 2092, 06:35:
Armistice Base, State of Amazonas:

Ooooowwww, my head feels like absolute dog shit right now. Opening my eyes, they were blurred a bit before adjusting to the light, showing the roof of none other than the Alpha ER. Fuck, I'm back here again, wait, why exactly am I in here? As I sit up, I began looking around, seeing no one else was in the room.

Taking a stretch, I swing my legs off the bed, seeing I was in the Doc's preferred amount of clothing, and stretched my arms. After a good crack was made, I immediately yawned, smacking my lips together a moment later. Then, I got off the bed and began examining my body, seeing pretty much nothing on me.

Zero: "Alright, at this point I can call whatever I have a broken healing factor."

Then, I remembered what happened, we were fighting Drake when he suddenly attacked the base. Then, that portal appeared, and he dragged us into it, knocking everyone but me out. Next, I fought him for over six hours before getting back up, but then I died? He blew my head off if I remember correctly, and being able to even think is more than enough proof that I still have a head.

Then, I woke up and saw Chloe...where is she? She isn't in here, does that mean she's dead. Fuck, even my ability couldn't save her, does that mean that it has limits? Still, fuck me for not being able to save her, I clutched my fists in anger at myself.

Shaking my head, I then went back to the events that played out that day. After trying to save Chloe, that, thing appeared. The thing from my dream, or vision? I still don't know how the fuck that bullshit works, but that thing was definitely from it. Then after that, I don't recall anything, only standing a few dozen feet from the rest of the group before blacking out.

Fuck, what happened before and after then, because I remember going from complete anger to calmness in an instant. That's just weird to me, how could I just change my emotions that quickly, that instantly? What's it is, I sighed as I had to talk to Helena about her sister. Fuuuuck, I hate when I have to send these reports, not because I don't want to, but because of the blame and sorrow that comes with it.

Looking around a bit, I found some casual clothing on a table by me bed and began dressing up. I'll probably need to take a shower for being on that bed for who knows how long. After getting fully clothed, I looked around for my weapons and armor, only to find none of them. They must've either placed them in my room or with Brian.

Then, taking a deep breath, I walked out of the room, finding no one in the hallways surprisingly. Shrugging my shoulders, I make my way to the elevator uninterrupted, what time is it? Hm, maybe she could be in her office right about now. Clicking the floor button, I then began waiting for the elevator to finish ascending, leaving me to my thoughts.

After a few minutes, the doors opened to the 14th floor, allowing me to walk down the hallway. Eventually, I get to the large room before any other room and make my way to Helena's reception area. Entering the room, I didn't find Diana in here as she usually is, maybe she gets up later? It was then I decided to look at the clock and saw it was 07:00.

Damn, I definitely got up early, is it the 8th? Must be, anyway, I walk to Helena's office door and raised my hand in the air before knocking on the door. As I waited for the door to open, I began trying to think what exactly to say to her, since Chloe's.....what the fuck am I supposed to say?

Hearing the door open, I look up and see Sophia Greymore through the now open doorway. She raised her eyes in surprise before asking,

Sophia Greymore: "Zero, your awake?"