Conspire

"Shit." Serena gasps as she comes to a halt, a hand on the side of her stomach. The look of pain on his mother's face made Jordan perk up.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Jordan frantically asks, worry in his tone as he looks his mother over.

Serena lets out a small chuckle as she walks forward and into the courtyard. "I'm fine, sweetheart. The baby just kicked me in my ribs."

"Ew." Jordan cringes. "That's disgusting."

"Don't say that." Serena flicks her son's head. "That's your sibling."

Jordan rolls his eyes playfully. "You know, no matter if it's a boy or girl, I think it's going to look just like Dad."

"Do you have no faith in the Salvatore genes?" Serena looks at him offendedly.

"It's not that I don't or do, I just think we're gonna be doomed with a child that looks ridiculous like him." Jordan shrugs. "His genes are definitely stronger."

"So no faith it is." Serena chuckles and her gaze goes to Elijah who just walked into the courtyard. "What happened to you? You got the whole Stefan brooding look going right now."

Elijah runs a stressed hand through his hair. "Rebekah is not answering her calls."

"You worried about whoever killed those daywalkers still being out there?" Jordan asks, Hayley now joining them making him and Serena groan.

Elijah shakes his head. "Frankly, I'm worried that she had something to do with this. She's very displeased with Niklaus, perhaps even conspiring with others."

"I don't think she'd stoop that low, right?" Jordan looks between his mother and uncle.

"It's Rebekah." Serena says simply.

Elijah hums in agreement and goes silent when he notices Thierry drinking alone at a table. Sharing a look with his brother's lover, the two head his way, each standing by his side. "Thierry, is it?"

"That's right." Thierry nods.

"My sister is rather fond of you. Strange, she's not typically drawn to unremarkable men." Elijah says, Serena and Jordan stifle a laugh. "Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?"

"I don't know what you're--." Serena gets bored, she could practically feel that Thierry was hiding something. Her bad feeling growing a bit stronger.

Serena taps Elijah's arm and Thierry gets cut him off by grabbing him by the throat and pushing him against the wall. Jordan watching intently. "You can either tell me what you know, or I can distribute tiny pieces of you throughout the Quarter."

"I can make you disappear." Serena threatens. "Gone and forgotten. Never to be remembered—."

Thierry sighs. "She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff."

"You're specialty." Jordan cuts in. Serena and Elijah sharing an amused look.

"I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch."

"No." Serena mumbles, she had a good picture of who it was and fear for her family filled her chest.

Elijah's hand wraps around his neck tighter. "Like a coward, you left her."

"What was I-I supposed to do?" Thierry jokes out. "Fight some warlock that took out an Original?"

"No, but at least be man enough to inform us." Serena snaps. "Where was this, exactly?"