Kitten

After hanging around with Damon for a bit at the Grill, taking about the hunter. Serena got a call from her fiancé asking if she could meet him at the Lockwood mansion and that's where they are.

Carol and Tyler walk into the house. Two men are standing in the foyer and Tyler immediately becomes suspicious.

"Who the hell are you two?" Tyler eyes them.

"Tyler, it's okay." Carol places a hand on her sons arm. "They're here for your protection."

"More deputies?" Tyler says incredulously.

Klaus and Serena enter the room from the parlor, Klaus arm wrapped around Serena's waist, Jordan next to them as another hybrid follows behind them.

"Not exactly." Serena says with a small smile.

Tyler sighs. "They're hybrids."

"I was in New Zealand when I heard you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls." Klaus rolls his eyes.

"Nice to know you care." Tyler gives Klaus a sarcastic smile.

"I don't." Klaus tightens his arm around Serena's waist. She rubs her thumb over his knuckles lightly causing him to relax. "I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot."

"You're lucky I didn't come over and kill your." Serena allows her eyes to glow.

Tyler flinches, but coughs trying to cover it up. "Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch. So, maybe we're even."

"Not even close." Jordan, Klaus and Serena say together.

"But." Klaus starts. "Your hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left."

The family of three begins to walk off, but Klaus momentarily turns back to talk to Tyler once more. "Consider them your new bodyguards."

Serena and Jordan point at the three hybrids in the room and walk out.

"I hate him." Serena and Jordan mumble.

"Don't we all." Klaus says after with a chuckle.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Damon opens the door to Connor's trailer. He stands on the steps and sees if he can enter without an invitation, and smiles when he sees that he can. He enters the trailer and sees the distillation setup and newspaper clippings, which he starts to rifle through when he's suddenly shot by two arrows.

He yells in pain and goes to pull out the arrow in his leg, but sees that it is attached to a claymore explosive device by a wire.

When he decides to instead pull out the arrow in his chest, he sees that arrow is also attached to a similar bomb in the opposite direction.

Realizing that he's stuck, Damon groans in exasperation. "Um...Yeah. I really should have brought, Serena."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Serena with a laugh enters the trailer to find Damon still stuck in Connor's trap, though she doesn't notice the arrows attaching Damon to the claymore mines right away.

"You need help, big brother?" Serena says with a laugh.

Damon rolls his eyes. "Come in. Close the door."

Serena eyes widen finally noticing the explosives. "Oh shit. Is that bomb."

"No. It's a kitten." Damon says sarcastically. "It's an adorable, exploding kitten."