Then Don't

The two walk into the house and see Klaus sitting in the floor with a pained look on his face while he looks up at a rather tall woman. Serena gasps quietly, noticing who it was. Esther. Serena feels chills run all through her body, she feels a bad vibe coming from the mother. Serena pulls Jordan behind her protectively.

Serena never met Esther directly, but from what Klaus has told her. She knew she wasn't going to like her.

" Mother." Klaus gasps as she walks towards him.

The mother says nothing and instead walks towards Klaus, who doesn't look to her. " Look at me! Do you know why I'm here?" She questions.

Tears found their way into Klaus's eyes. " Your here to kill me."

" Niklaus you are my son and I am here to forgive you. I want us to be a family again."

Serena's eyebrows rise as she hear whispers get louder and louder. 'She is lying! Don't trust her! She only want to kill, Chosen one. She is a liar!'

Out of instinct Serena pushes Jordan towards Damon who takes the younger boy in his arms and moves in front of Klaus, her back to Esther. She bends down to his height and places a hand on his cheek looking directly into his eyes. " You alright, my love?" Klaus just nods leaning into her hand as Serena wipes off a stray tear that fell from her face. Everyone watches with such fondness in their eyes.

" Let's get you up then." Serena kisses his head before helping Klaus to his feet. They then both turn as a voice is cleared from behind them.

Once they turn Esther gasps as she sees who stands in front of her. Esther shakes off her shock sticking her hand out to Serena. " Esther Mikealson. Nice to meet you chosen one."

Serena eyes her hand before looking up at the woman and nods. " Serena Salvatore." Serena smiles fakely. Esther retracts her hand and smiles with a slight nod. She wanted to feel how powerful she truly was. She did when she saw Serena's eyes turn fully white with specs of gold as she stared at her. Esther looked away feeling intimidated.

Serena's eyes turn back to normal as she looks around looking for her son. She spots him behind Elijah leaned into Damon's side. She motions him over. He speeds towards them immediately embracing Klaus. Esther along with the two other now awoken sibling watch with wide eyes as Klaus young's the boy back.

" Sera." She hears a familiar voice. Her head snaps up looking away from her boyfriend and son. She gasps as she feels tears start to pool.

" Kola." Serena runs into his open arms. She wraps her arms around his neck and his arm immediately wrap around her waist. " I missed you so much, best friend."

" I misses you more, my darlin'." Kol whispers kissing the side of her head.

Being back in her best friends arms gave her a flash back of the first day they met...

* Mentions of attempted suicide * Flash Back, New Orleans 1865;

Serena was standing in the middle of the woods. Her body aching as her feet were bloody and bruised. The back of her shirt was ripped and you can see long red, bloody marks in her back. She had no exact clue what happened to her. All she knows is that she woke up in a unfamiliar place, had the chance to run and she did.

Serena held a stake in her hand as she paced back and forth." Nobody loves me. Nobody will care if I died! I'm a abomination. No one will ever love a monster like me!" She cries.

" My brother's don't care about me. If they did, they would have found me already! No one cares for me!" She screams. Damon and Stefan were looking for their sister, but Stefan had went his separate way.