Why me?

( There will be a slight change and you will see what it is as you go along. Oh and let me know if you want smut and who should be Damon's love interest!)

" Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." I hear as I make my way into the living room.

" What's she doing here?" Damon urged. It was obvious no one liked Isobel. Even Serena and she didn't even actually meet the women.

" I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out." Stefan explains to his older siblings.

" I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here." Katherine suggested as she joined the Salvatore siblings.

" Why's that Kitty?" I ask her raising an eyebrow as I pour myself some bourbon.

Katherine glares at me before answering. " It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb."

" You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed." Damon points out.

" I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." Katherine answers with a smirk.

" What do you know?" Stefan asked a bit panicked.

" I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you." Katherine points to him.

" Not my team." I gesture to myself. I didn't say Damon because Stefan didn't know that Damon didn't want Klaus dead. " Which is the Klaus isn't dying team." I glare at Stefan who ignores my eyes.

After a moment of silence Katherine continues. " Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart."

Stefan nods before looking to his siblings. " Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...Call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep."

" Your not in charge of me. If anything it's the other way around." I say downing the last bit of bourbon. " Since Ric is basically my bestie at this point I'll talk him." I send Stefan a sarcastic smile.

" I thought I was your best friend!" Damon whined.

" You are..." I started. " After Ric." I tease before speeding off as he chased me.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After minutes of the eldest Salvatore chasing the middle Salvatore. They got tired and claimed that no one could replace each other's spot in their lives. Now they met up with the youngest Gilbert and Bennett witch at the Martin residence.

Damon opens the door. He checks and finds he can step over the threshold.

" Yep. Everybody's dead." I confirm as we enter the apartment. Luka's corpse is in the living room.

" We should pack up the grimoires. They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe." Bonnie says as she moves around warily.

" You know, we could just get another match and cremate him." Damon states and I hum in agreement.

" Don't be disrespectful. Not to him." Bonnie spoke softly.

" Okay. We'll bury him." Damon spoke just as soft.

" What exactly are we looking for?" The youngest Gilbert asked as she stood by the door making sure no one listened in from outside.

" According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently." Bonnie explains as crouches down to the floor searching.