Protecting

Klaus sat on a beach chair eyes on his phone looking over the photos Serena had randomly taken in his phone as they arrived at the beach. He lets a smile go on his face as he now looks at a video of Serena bothering Kol and Finn.

A angelic laugh reaches his ears along with the sound of rather large splashes. Klaus looks away from his phone and up to where he heard the laugh. He sees Jordan, Serena and Katherine splashing, Elijah, Finn and Kol.

Kol and Finn rush at Serena picking her up and throwing her into the water. Klaus watches with a wide smile. The sight in front of him made him happy, he loved watching Serena and Jordan get along with his family that now became theirs.

Damon who sat beside Klaus with a book in his hand looks to the hybrid. " I haven't seen her this happy in so long. It's because of you she's this happy."

Klaus looks to him then back to the photo on his phone. " I want nothing more than to make sure she's the happiest she can be, despite everything going on."

" And you have succeeded." Damon smiles gently. " You know I hated you before you even came."

Klaus raises his eyebrow at the older Salvatore. " And why's that?"

" Well I didn't exactly know you, the only thing I knew was that your hurt my sister and that she was sad because of you." Damon watches as Klaus doesn't meet his eyes. " You know how protective I am of my sister and I want nothing but happiness for her. So of course when I found out I wanted to kill you."

Klaus looks back at his fiancé's brother. " I don't blame you for wanting to kill me. I hurt her and I can never take those moments of hurt back, but from now on I will never hurt her. Her happiness is all that matters to me. I promise to take care and protect her. I cannot stand to see her hurt. She makes me want to be better." Klaus looks to Serena who was on Finn's shoulder trying to knock down Katherine who was on Kol's.

" Serena, I think makes everyone feel that way." Damon looks to his sister who sends him a wide smile and wave, which he returns. " Serena is great at reading people, it's scary. She has been through so much and as her big brother I failed to protect her from our cruel, disgusting father."

Klaus felt a wave of anger over take him. " Your father was nothing, but a disgrace. I wish I could go back and kill that low life myself."

" He's lucky it was Stefan who got to him first, if not he would have died a very long and painful death." Damon says. " Our mother along with him."

" Your mother was just as bad." Klaus growls.

" She was, that's why we all as in me, Serena and Stefan hate her. I did everything in my power to make sure that girl was safe and protected. I practically raised her." Damon glances at his little sister again seeing her send a wave toward Elijah and Kol.

" I think you did an amazing job." Klaus sends Damon a soft smile.

Damon gasps dramatically placing a hand in his heart. " Was that a compliment from the big bad hybrid?"

Klaus laughs. " Don't let it inflate your ego."

" It already did." Damon jokes sending the hybrid a wink as the laughter dies down. " Hey, uh, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you. Thank you for truly loving and protecting, my little sister. Treating her like the Queen she should be treated as."

" Thank you for allowing me to show her happiness and for giving me your blessing." Klaus smiles placing a hand on Damon's shoulder.

" My lovelies!" They turn to see Serena calling them. " Come in and have fun!"