Take Down

My brothers and I are the first vampires in history, the Originals. 300 years ago, we called New Orleans home. I was happy here. For a time. Now we've returned, only to find a miracle.

"Brother, I think she means, our little Chosen One is carrying your child."

And with it, a new responsibility.

"I will always protect you. You have my word on that."

But our family has many enemies.

"I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most..."

These threats should have united us. Instead, Klaus has driven us apart. My brother expects my loyalty, as he has for a thousand years. But now, perhaps it's time to make a different choice.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"So, are we still mad at Nik?" Kol asks his best friend as they walk down the stairs to the house.

Serena gives him a playful look before answering. "I don't know, Kol."

"You don't know, really?" Kol tilts his head. "That's the best you got?"

"Yeah, be honest with the man." Jordan joins in walking on his mothers other side.

"We're not mad at him..." Serena trails off. "But I'm still holding a grudge. I'm not over what he did."

"And at the end of the day, he's still your soulmate." Kol pipes in.

"Mhm." Serena hums. "Then how did Elias slither his way into my heart, Kol? I-I feel wrong."

"He was there for you in a time of need. He still is there for you." Kol explains. "Of course feelings are going to arise."

"Too quick if you ask me." Serena mumbles as they walk into the main room.

An elaborate breakfast has been set up in the dining room of the plantation house. Rebekah and Klaus sit across from each other, Katherine next to Rebekah, at the table, Stefan and Damon on the couch. The table is full of fruit and pastries. One of the servers, a young woman, stands by Klaus' chair as he bites her wrist and feeds from her.

"And I just lost my appetite." Serena makes herself known as she walks towards her brothers and sits in between them. "Thank you for that, Niklaus."

"My apologies." Klaus drops the woman's body. "I didn't think you were coming down so soon."

"Kol dragged me out of bed." Serena gives the man a playful glare. Kol smiling innocently in return. "I had no choice. Now please, get her out of here."

Klaus nods and gets up, picking the body up before speeding out the house and comes back not two seconds after. "There all done."

"Poor girl. Where did you put her?" Katherine asks.

"None of your concern." Klaus gives her a grin as he sits back down. He motions for Serena to join them at the table.

She looks at Jordan who was eating away, ignoring everyone. She shook her head in amusement, kissing her brother's cheeks before going over to her son. They haven't been apart since they found him. They were both scared of what could happen, if they were apart again.