Birthmark

In the middle of a forest, a witch is holding a cauldron of fire. Five men stand around her in a circle with their swords touching the ground. The witch is performing a spell in Latin. She holds the cauldron above her head and the fire is struck by a lightning bolt.

She lowers the cauldron to the ground and pours the fire out. The fire spreads towards the sword blades and runs up them. The five men have the hunter's tattoo spreading up their arms and across their chest.

One of the men raises his sword and the symbol which Connor has carved into his stakes is seen on the blade.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Serena is besides Stefan, both of them examining the hunter's mark on a wooden stake. Damon enters the room with some boxes on his shoulder, Jordan and Katherine behind him. Kol was out with Rebekah somewhere.

Selene and Finn went on a trip by themselves, talking about how they wanted to see the world and eventually settle down somewhere that was nowhere near Mystic Falls.

Elijah on the hand had left. No one knows why...well besides Serena and Stefan. Elijah had sent them a text telling them how he was house shopping for himself and Damon. He told them that he had told Damon that he was out searching for some Grimoire that belonged to his mother. It wasn't a complete lie...

"So what is all this?" Stefan looks over the things in front of him.

"Some personal items that he snaked from the vampire hunter's RV." Jordan answers walking over to his mother. He's noticed her sudden sad emotions especially when Klaus didn't ever come home.

"May he rest in peace." Katherine mumbles.

"I'm searching for a supernatural handbook." Damon informs them rolling his eyes at Katherine's comment.

Stefan raises an eyebrow at Damon. "And you know for a fact that he was supernatural?"

"Definitely wasn't natural." Damon retorts. "The guy magically appeared just as someone blows up the entire Founders Council. He's covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert - of all people in the world - seems to be able to see. Klaus and our dear sister here, mentioned something about him being one of The Five. Then he kamikazes himself with explosives. Sound natural to you?"

"What's The Five?" Stefan questions glancing at his sister.

"Don't trust my knowledge." Serena says. "But from what Klaus told me their a group of five of supernaturally gifted vampire hunters that were created by a dying witch, who was a descendant of the very powerful witch Qetsiyah, who wanted them to fulfill Qetsiyah's wish, which is to cure and kill the very first immortal, Silas."

"Now, I'm hoping to find something out in the first chapter of the handbook." Damon's phone then rings and he picks it up. It's Sheriff Forbes. "Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff. What? That's...concerning. Keep me posted."

"What? You not gonna tell us?" Katherine scoffs.

"Can't tell you. Private." Damon gives them a smug smile and then looks to Stefan. "Plus, we're in a fight."

"You're in a fight. I'm not in a fight, I'm over it, I've been over it." Stefan states.

"Not still mad at me about Elena?" Damon questions.

"Of course it's about Elena." Serena mumbles going to the freezer and pulling out a ice cream sandwich. They were her comfort food. She was gonna have a hard time telling them what she had to say.

"You let her feed on you. I'm always gonna be mad at you but we're not in a fight."

"Not even Elijah was this mad." Jordan speaks up earning a nod from Damon. Stefan just glares at them. Serena smacking the back of his head for glaring at her son.