Personal

"Well, as much as I might like to, I have pressing responsibilities here. Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us. Without Davina, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors. However, since their Harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes. Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron."

Serena soon drowned out the rest of Klaus's speech, along with the voice of his young vampires. Serena promised to give him a chance, but the pace he was moving in was too fast for her. She felt like she couldn't even mourn over her niece, at least not properly.

She knew if she wanted Klaus to be her Klaus, she had to stick by him, but it wasn't an easy job. Not when you're family is looking down at you for his actions. Serena knew it came with being with him, but her heart called out to him and that's not something she could change. Not after being in love with him for centuries.

Serena eventually comes back to her senses, when she hears her eldest son speak. "I'm gonna take a personal day. Spend it with Mom."

Serena let's a small smile grace her face as she keeps her eyes on the door, in a matter of seconds, both Marcel and Jordan, with Milo in his arms are at the doorway. Serena motions them in and the don't waste time.

Marcel throws himself in the empty space next to her and Jordan right in front of her by her feet, Milo laying in his lap. Serena lays back, moving closing to Marcel, wrapping her arm around him before motioning Jordan to move into the empty she made for him under her arm.

With her two boys in her arms, she felt more content than ever. So many things have been hitting at such a overwhelming pace, but right now, the world seem to slow and she decided to join the peaceful moment she currently felt with her sons.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

As easy as the peace came, it easy vanished. There was never any true peace in New Orleans. She might as well go back to Mystic Falls. The thought actually made her cringe inside. How dare a thought like that cross her mind.

They were now being guided by Diego, whose apparently now Klaus's right hand. They were in the Cauldron, Diego wanting to show them what he found, that caused the vampires to be skeptical.

Stefan nudges her out of her thoughts and gestures to the scene in front of the, Serena gasping and holding back her vomit when she saw two vampires, both desiccated, and both with the same magical symbol carved into their forehands. Their bodies lay inside a magic circle created with salt, with runes drawn inside.

"We came to mess with the witches, just like you said." Diego starts, glancing at Klaus. "And these two, they went missing. Found them like this, not even staked. Just dead."

Serena shiver at the weird feeling she felt flow through her. She glances at the vampire. "You go after them again, it's gonna be you who magically dies."

Diego gulps, looking to Klaus who held his hands up in defense and then to Marcel who shook his head as he went to speak. "That's two more of my guys gone. Nice job, Captain."

"Have you seen anything like this before?" Jordan asks Marcel.

Marcel shakes his head, looking at the scene in front of him. "Mhm. This is bad."

"That explains the weird feeling." Serena mutters as she continues to eye the body.

Marcel also glances at the man once more before he wraps an arm around his mother and Jordan, turns around, and starts to walk away. Everyone eyeing them.