Don't mess this up

It was now night as I walk into the house. I stop when I see a panicked Elena and Damon.

" What? Did Rose die?" I ask immediately.

" No. Even worse, she's missing." Elena answered.

" We have to find her." Damon says instantly walking out.

" Wait I'm not going to ignore the fact that she said going missing is worse than death." I say following Damon and Elena at the house.

Later, we arrive at the school as I join him in greeting the sheriff. The police have found a body.

" Hey Liz, this is my little sister Serena." Damon introduced. I smile shaking her hand.

" Hi and thank you guys for coming so quick." Liz smiles shortly.

" No problem, we were close by Liz, what happened?" Damon asked.

" A vampire. Luckily one of my deputies discovered the body before anyone else saw him." Liz explained looking over at me warily.

" She knows and we have to secure the area, then." Damon advised. I watch him trying not to laugh at how innocent he looks.

" Don't cause a panic, but let's move this party into the cafeteria." Liz told the other deputies. They nodded.

" I'll take the east side and you two go west?" Liz commanded.

" Sure." Damon and I say nodding, walking back to Elena how was calling Stefan.

" Hey, Stefan, it's me. I don't know where you are but please call me. It's important." Obviously twinie didn't answer. She hung up before looking our way.

" Hey. Have you heard from him? Do you know what he's up to?" Elena frantically asked.

" Our baby brother is not exactly our priority right now. Take this." Damon answers handing her a stake.

" Now, let's go and please don't mess this up."I say glancing at Elena and going where Liz instructed leaving them to follow.

" I won't." I heard her mumble.

" You will because as far as I can tell you have a habit of making literally everything about yourself." I commented.

" No I don't!" Elena snapped before looking at Damon. " Damon tell her I don't."

" Elena, lying is a sin." Damon smirked at her. I laugh high-fiving him as we walk ahead of a angry Elena.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

As we walk for about 15 minutes we hear a girl screams. The two Salvatore's shared a look before speeding off in that direction forgetting about a certain doppelgänger. When we arrive we see Rose feeding off a girl.

" Rose, stop!" Damon shouted only for her to rush toward him but he grabs her and pins her on the ground. I walk behind Damon in case he needed my help.

" Rose, Rose! It's me, it's Damon. It's Damon." He continued to shout as she tried to fight out of his grip. Eventually her breathing slowed and her face is normal again.

Rose sits up slight taking a look at the girl's body. She starts crying. " No, no, I never meant to hurt anyone. I never wanted to hurt anyone."

" I know. I know." Damon speaks softly. My heart breaks at the sight. The only one Damon ever cared for that I've seen him act like this was Katherine and of course she ended up breaking him.

Damon never cared for anyone but everyone noticed the difference when Serena came to town and the same thing with Rose. He was different.

Rose looks two the other females behind Damon but more Elena. " I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She sobbed.

I walk next to Damon crouching down slowly." Come on, let's get you out of here."

Rose shakes her head still sobbing. " Oh make it stop, please make it stop! I hate it, make it stop!"

Damon and I share a look, I nod as he carries her in his arms and starts walking away. Once again leaving the doppelgänger behind. Not that they cared.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It's been about half and hour since we came back to the Boarding House, meaning that Rose was now dead and I was sitting in the living room waiting for Dames to come down. I gave them space and I'll comfort Damon everything is over.

" I'm ready." I stand up and turn to see Damon wipe a tear away.

" Okay, let's go." I speak softly helping him gather Rose as we walk to the car.

Now we were on a dirt road in the woods, Sheriff Forbes parks her car and gets out. I get out waiting for her as I told Damon to stay in the car. She walks over to me, and I open the car trunk.

" Here's your vampire." I told her showing Rose is in the trunk.

The sheriff is surprised. " How did you find her? And where's Damon?"

" He's in the car and it doesn't matter. What matters is that it's over." I reassure her.

" Thank you guys. You've helped keep this town safe." She places a hand on my shoulder.

" No problem, I'll take care of burying the body." I close the trunk. She nods before waving to Damon and walks to her car.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We enter the house and see Elena there.

" Leave, you shouldn't be here." I snapped at Elena.

" I know, but then I came back to make sure that he was okay." Elena said passing Damon a glass of scotch.

" She's right, Elena. Leave." Damon takes the glass chugging it down.

" Damon, I'm your friend." Elena protested.

" Elena, I will drag you out of here by your hair if you don't leave right now." I threaten. Elena looks to Damon who doesn't even look her away. She sighs before grabbing her purse and walking out.

" Thank God." I sigh before going towards Damon who was leaning against the couch with tears falling down him face.

I speed to him wrapping my arms around his neck allowing Damon to place his head into my neck. This is what Damon needed. He need to feel the comfort and be in the embrace of someone he trusted with his life and that happened to be his little sister, his bestfriend, his everything.

As we held on to each other I moved us to the couch so that we could have more comfort. Damon sobbed into my neck clutching on to my leather jacket. It was obviously known that Damon didn't cry in front of no one but his sister was different and even Stefan knew that.

Watching this broke my heart, the last time Damon cried like this was when their father threatened to kill Serena...that's a story for another time. Tears sprung to my eyes watching the sight. I ran my fingers softly through Damon's hair kissing his forehead.

" It will be okay, Dames. I've got you." I whispered and that was all Damon needed to know that everything will be okay even if it didn't seem like it.