Match

After notifying Klaus that Bonnie was on her way, Serena, Jordan, Selene, Elijah, Finn and Katherine decided to go the Grill, they were hungry especially after that long plane ride, where they really only slept.

Klaus didn't want Serena to leave his side, but with enough persuasion Serena got him to agree. Damon and Kol stayed behind keeping Klaus company and Damon and Serena wanted to make sure Bonnie would have a familiar face there.

The six were now sitting down at a round booth as they were waiting for their waiter.

" You know before I came back to life, the ancestors visited me." Selene starts look to Serena who looked up at her from across the table.

" And what did they say?" Serena questions.

" To protect you." Selene smiles. " They wanted to make sure you'd be safe and always have someone looking over you."

" She has me." Jordan said with a smile.

Selene rolls her eyes playfully. " Yeah, but not exactly during that time."

" But you died ages ago? How come I never saw you?" Serena asks passing Jordan the menu so he could look it over.

" You we're finally actually happy with Kol and the rest of the family, I didn't want to ruin it, so I decided for awhile that it was best to stay back and watch you from afar." Selene intertwines her fingers with Finn's. Finn smiles looking at their hands before bringing their hands up and kissing the back of her hand.

" How did the ancestors know I would be Mother Nature?" Serena curiously question. She never would have thought, her out of all people would be picked.

" Yeah, not even she knew." Katherine states.

" The ancestors have watched you for a long time. They know everything you've been through and what shaped you the way you are today. They think your protective, tough, caring, loving, pure and worthy. Everything that fits being the Chosen One." Selene explains.

" I think you match that description perfectly." Katherine nudges Serena playfully.

Serena chuckles before reaching over and grasping Selene's free hand in hers. " Thank you for always looking out for me and making sure I was safe. It means so much."

Selene's eyes softens rubbing her thumb over the back of Serena's smooth hand. " You don't have to thank me, beautiful. It was absolutely wonderful to see how you grew."

" If could hug you I would." Serena laughs causing the others around the table to do the same.

As they laughed and joked around, a large rumble caused them to quite down. They all look to Jordan who shrunk in his seat with red cheeks. " What? I said I was hungry." He holds his hands up in surrender.

Serena laughs kissing his head. " Let's get you food then shall we." Jordan nods eagerly turning a waving a waiter over. It just so happens to once again be Matt.

" Hey blue eyes." Selene waves her fingers with a wink. Finn growls in jealousy somehow pulling her on to his lap.

Matt cowers a bit under Finn's glare. " Don't mind him, he's a bit possessive." Selene waves off.

Matt nods slowly before looking around the table his eyes landing on Serena, a smile instantly on his face. " Hi Serena!"

Serena waves with a nice smile. " Hi Matt, we're ready to order." Matt nods opening his little book before nodding insinuating he was ready.

" I would like a regular cheeseburger and fries, make sure to add extra pickles." Elijah orders before Jordan making the 16 year old glare at Elijah, who just sent him a wink.