Demon

My brothers and I are the first vampires in history, the Originals. Serena is the first ever Chosen One to exist.

Three hundred years ago, me and my brothers called New Orleans home. Serena a little over 100 years. Now, we've returned, drawn by a witch who seeks to use my brother Klaus' unborn child as leverage in a brewing war.

But his quest for power has turned brother against brother, soulmate against soulmate, son against father, leaving our family more divided than ever.

Now that Elijah has returned, can our family unite to face this new threat?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Klaus and Elijah sit opposite each other in the living room as each of them read their own book. Damon next to Elijah, his head on his lap and Stefan sitting in his own chair, skimming through a book of his own.

Klaus is reading "A Poison Tree" by William Blake, and Elijah is reading one of his mother's grimoires.

A dead girl lays on the coffee table, her neck bleeding from puncture wounds in her neck, while they listen to classical music. After a moment, Rebekah enters the room, Serena and Katherine behind her.

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family?" Rebekah questions. "Vampire book club?"

"Reading edifies the mind, sister." Klaus says as he doesn't take his eyes off the book. "Isn't that right, Elijah? Stefan?"

Elijah nods, running a hand through Damon's hair. "Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus."

"Yup."

"And what's this?" Serena scrunches her nose in disgust as she gestures to the dead girl on the table.

"This is a..." Elijah gestures as though he's searching for a word. "...peace offering."

"Well, get it out and off the table." Serena demands. "I'm pregnant and I can't handle the smell of a dead corpse like I use too."

Klaus sighs. "I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish."

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought." Elijah rolls his eyes in annoyance. "I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth."

Klaus rolls his eyes guiltily, and Elijah gestures to the girl on the table. "Not this nonsense."

"I didn't ask for all that information." Serena says. "I don't care about the feud you two have going on. I said get rid of it and better yet, do it as a team. I am tired and she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet."

Elijah and Klaus both look up from their book to see the girl bleeding out onto the table, where the blood drips onto the floor. Damon and Stefan share an amused look before they get up following their sister and Rebekah out the living room.

Klaus and Elijah both sigh in defeat, glaring at each other before getting up and doing as told, scared of what the pregnant mother nature would do to them if they didn't listen.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Serena is currently looking through the fridge in search of milk and eggs, she needed for the french toast she was gonna make herself and Jordan, but she couldn't find it. She sighs roughly and turns to her brothers, Katherine and Kol. "Listen, I know I'm the only one...well and Hayley...in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?"