Gone

Serena walks behind Esther as they walk into a cemetery. " So, are you gonna say what you want from me any time soon?"

" Not only does my son care for you, but your Mother Nature, meaning your blood is perfect for this spell." Esther states with a smirk as they walk into the Salvatore crypt.

As the walk in, Serena looks at sees Elena and Alaric, her eyes widen and she looks to Esther with a slight glare. " Ric? Really? What part does he play in all this?"

" He is going to be indestructible...immortal, just like my children...the monsters, but with the power to kill my children and all other vampires." Esther explains.

" One you're children aren't monsters and it's pathetic of you to want to end something you and you're disgusting husband created. You're children are not monsters. They are anything and everything but! They just didn't have the right parents to raise them correctly. They didn't get love from their parents." Serena spits with disgust in her tone.

Esther for the first time felt slight sadness, she may have had kids, but that didn't make her a mother. There's more to being a parent than just giving birth. She shook those thoughts from out her head and put back on a smirk." Whatever you say now isn't gonna stop me from moving in with my plans."

Elena looked between the two watching as Esther started lighting candles, she then turns to Ric who was in her left. " Ric, you don't want this. This isn't you."

" You don't know that, Elena. You don't know who I am. You only know the weakest parts of me, you know the man who lost his way befriending vampires instead of killing them." Ric snaps. He was getting tired of Elena if he was being honest.

" You don't mean that." Elena shakes her head.

" They're all monsters." Ric practically spits out to her. " The blood of their victims is on my hands. Jenna's blood is on my hands."

" When you are ready." Esther looks to Ric.

" No Ric, please don't. Don't do this." Elena pleads. " I won't help you, I'm not gonna give you my blood, you're gonna have to kill me!"

Esther steps up. " That won't be necessary."

Esther raises a hand toward Elena and a cut opens up in Elena's hand and starts to bleed. Esther grabs Elenas wrist and holds it above the bowl and the blood pours into it.

" Am I gonna have to force you too?" Esther turns to Serena.

Serena shrugs. She honestly saw no point in struggling, but Serena being Serena wasn't going down without a fight. So, Serena raised her hand and Esther was floating off the ground.

Vines came up out of the ground immediately going for her neck. Esther gasps as her face turns red. Esther is almost blue, when Alaric suddenly runs and pushes Serena harshly to the side making her magic stop and stumble, falling to the floor. Her head hitting a rock causing her to black out.

" Oh my god!" Elena gasps placing a hand over her mouth.

Esther who was still trying to catch her breath, makes a cut on Serena's hand and pours it into a bowl passing it to Ric. " Drink. And let it be done."

" No Ric please, don't.. No!" Elena screams watching Alaric drink the blood in the bowl and puts it down.

" Is it finished?" Alaric questions wiping the blood off his mouth.

" Not just yet." Esther stakes Alaric with the indestructible white oak stake.

" No!" Elena shouts with tears going down her face.