Field Trip

Serena sat on the couch, hand on her small bump and the other holding a book in her hand. Jordan laid down, head on her lap listening to her read as he pet Milo softly.

Kol and Katherine went off into town, but Damon, Stefan and Rebekah were off somewhere in the house.

"Klaus!" Serena flinches when Klaus suddenly rushes into the living room, and deposits Sophie onto the couch.

"Give a little warning next time." Jordan sits up.

"Sorry." Klaus quickly apologizes before looking back to Sophie, his face turning angry. "We had a deal! You protect Serena and our unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Serena and our family to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. I'm not  linked to her, but I can feel when she's in trouble, meaning my life is on the line if anything happens to her." Sophie says frantically.

"Then who were they?" Serena sits up closing her book, nothing Jordan to leave the room with Milo.

Sophie looks at her and sighs. "They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

"What kind of vision?" Klaus moves next to Serena and takes a seat next to her.

"She has them all the time." Sophie starts. "They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"That's not answering his question." Serena snaps. "What vision did she have about our baby?!"

Sophie clears her throat. "...Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second."

Serena sends him a glare before she punches his arm making the Mikealson let out a small groan. He looks over to her, she just gives him an innocent smile.

"Sophie, look--." Rebekah walks into the room. Stefan and Damon behind her. "I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Serena and Sophie say in unison, both in shock.

"Yeah." Rebekah nods. "As we speak, I imagine."

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd."

"And why's that?" Serena sits back, throwing her leg over Klaus's, unconsciously. Klaus places a hand on her thigh. The two Salvatore's give each other looks. "What did they do to her?"

Sophie stays quite making Klaus speak. "Do tell, now."

"I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches."

"Give me your hand." Serena reaches for her hand, which Sophie gives to her. Serena mumbles a spell under a breath and a few seconds later, they were all sucked into a dream like state.

FLASHBACK-– NEW ORLEANS, EIGHT MONTHS AGO

At Rousseau's, Sophie dances to music behind the bar as the crowd cheers.

"Woo, drink up everybody! This is how they party in Rio!." Sophie pours liquor straight into her mouth from the bottle.

"My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel... and play." Sophie started.