51 | Ending But Beginning

Start from the beginning

I smacked her shoulder, "You knew and you didn't tell me?" I scoffed dramatically. 

Noa only leaned down to me for a kiss, which I ducked away from, "Angel, don't be like that—Vince didn't want you telling Arya," she tried to explain, but I only pulled my arms away from around her neck and crossed them over my chest. 

"Guys, I hate to break up the arguing, but this is supposed to be our moment," Vincent's voice flowed from the phone that Noa still held. 

I gave Noa a brief narrowed look before snatching my phone back from her hand, "Congratulations," I said as a smile grew on my lips. 

I felt so happy for them, especially my brother who didn't seem to really click with anyone. 

I'm happy he found his person. 

Noa leaned into the camera frame, "Yeah, congratulations—we can celebrate when Lun and I get back into New Orleans," she said. 

Arya nodded a few times, "Yes that sounds perfect—Vince and I should be back from Brazil next week," she said. 

I hummed happily, "We definitely have to go out—" I looked over to Arya's face on the phone screen, "—Maybe we can discuss it alone Arya since they don't like to tell us anything," I said, clearly recircling back to the topic at hand. 

Vincent shook his head, "Here we go," he said, clearly knowing that I wasn't going to let this go. 

I mean why should I? My wife kept something from me. 

"How about we call you guys tomorrow?" Arya suddenly suggested as she leaned into Vincent's side with a wide grin. 

"Yeah, let's do that," Noa said before I could even answer. 

I shot Noa yet another narrowed look before glancing back over to the phone, "Congratulations again. We love you guys."

Vincent smiled, "We love you too." 

"Love you!" Arya waved before the call promptly ended. 

And as soon as the call ended, my full attention was cast onto Noa, "How could you not tell me? That's my brother," I pointed out. 

Noa only slid her arms back around my waist, "He wanted to make sure that Arya never found out. It wasn't for me to tell," she calmly explained as she leaned back into me. 

I pressed my hands to her stomach, "I'm your wife, everything is for you to tell when it comes to me—" I gently pushed her back, but Noa only remained in place, "—Even when you tell someone that you won't tell anyone, everyone knows that it never includes your wife." 

Noa's lips twitched up into an amused smile as she looked down at my hands on her stomach, which were attempting to push her away. 

"You're not actually mad," she determined as she unraveled her arms from my waist to pull my hands away from her stomach. 

I gave her a narrowed look, "Well, I think I am," I said as I pulled my hands away from her hold. 

But yet again, Noa only held her ground and continued to hold my hands in hers—

Until she managed to pin my hands above my head. 

I gave my wife a narrowed look, even if our position alone managed to make me grow warm. 

"You're deflecting. Now tell me what's bothering you," Noa said as she carefully looked between my eyes. 

It's actually annoying that she knows me this well. 

And never forgets the topics that I purposefully change. 

I shook my head, "Nothing is—" 

"Don't lie to me," Noa suddenly cut me short with a raised brow, "You know you don't have to," she added.