7 | All The Right Places

Recommended song: Come and See Me By PARTYNEXTDOOR

"You didn't mention that you're a fucking ninja," Arya pointed out as I slipped my white heels on.

I smirked, adjusting the mesh white dress, "You didn't ask," I retorted.

Arya rolled her eyes as she stood from my bed, "Still not fair," she said, sipping the last of her iced coffee as she tugged her small black dress down.

I laughed slightly, "You were the one who claimed I wouldn't be making it to the event tonight," I reminded her as I flipped my long dark hair over to the other side of my head.

"Which would've been the perfect opportunity for you to say, hey, by the way, I have crazy ninja moves," Arya said, mocking my voice as we walked toward the door.

I laughed again, "That's not how I sound," I said, walking down the tall halls as our heels managed to click in sync.

Arya gave me a narrowed look, "That's exactly how you sound."

After going back and forth about how my voice claimed to sound, Arya and I finally made it down to the lower levels where we navigated to the event hall.

The decorations were nothing crazy—or maybe they were, and I was just used to it.

Everyone seemed to be completely into their own separate conversation over the light music, holding their champagne flutes as they conversed about very illegal concepts so lightly.

"I'm going to go get a drink," Arya said.

I furrowed my brows, "There are servers all around us with plenty of drinks," I pointed out.

Arya raised a sharp brow, "A real drink," she said, allowing her eyes to drift over to the bar.

I raised my brows in acknowledgment, "Oh I see—well, you know where I'll be."

Arya laughed, "Yeah when I go looking for you, I'll look for the finest woman in the room and find you on her arm," she joked.

I looked around the room at all the powerful women and men, realizing that Arya would have to do a lot of searching, "Well there's a lot of those, so good luck with that."

Arya shrugged, "Worst-case scenario—I'll text you," she said, backing away from me.

I dramatically parted my lips, "What an excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that?" I said sarcastically, earning a small laugh from Arya as she walked away.

Once the brunette was gone, I allowed my dark eyes to sweep around the large room, planning out my next moves.

However, when I spotted Vincent, and then Noa right beside him—I decided I'd start there.

As I walked toward the pair, I grabbed one of the champagne flutes, taking a small sip as their attention naturally diverted to me.

"Lundy," Vincent smiled, pulling me into a side hug.

I smiled back, "Missing your twin, I see."

Vincent rolled his eyes, "We're not twins," he retorted, hating that I liked to refer to him as that.

I really only did it just to annoy him.

"I think we look like twins—Noa, don't you think so?" I asked, diverting my attention to her.

Noa took a sip of her champagne, and it was clear something was bothering her. I don't know what it was, but hey—that's what she gets for how she behaved this morning.