42 | Mrs. Vitali Soon

Recommended song: Higher By Tems

"She was so nervous—I swear you should've seen her," Vincent said as he took a sip of his cocktail.

I looked over to Noa, who seemed to already be looking at me—which was something she had been doing all evening.

Giving me that look.

We had just gotten engaged under an hour ago before we all decided to get celebratory cocktails—but it was obvious that Noa was ready to get me alone.

She almost looked predatory.

"You were nervous?" I smiled slightly to myself, leaning into Noa who didn't hesitate to tighten her arm around my waist.

Noa hummed, "There was a good chance that you'd decline my proposal," she explained.

And maybe she was right—or maybe it was that she should've been right.

But she was entirely wrong.

Once she was down on one knee that was it—that changed everything.

"There was zero chance of me rejecting you," I told her, knowing that I wanted nothing more in the world to be hers until the end of time.

Vincent nodded a few times, "See I told you," he said, motioning to me as Arya tried a sip of his cocktail.

And before Noa could counter, our parents were coming back into view with their own unique cocktails from the bar.

My mom sat down with my dad, "How is Lundy getting married before you Vince?" she jokingly questioned.

My dad laughed, "I seriously didn't expect that one," he said as Noa's father took a seat beside him.

Vince gave them both narrowed looks, "She surprised us both," he pointed out.

"They both did," Antonio said as he looked over to his daughter.

Noa only shrugged, smiling slightly as she said, "Well she surprised me."

And it was clear that she was referring to me.

I gave her a dramatically offended look, "So you're blaming me?" I asked her.

Noa chuckled to herself, pressing a fleeting kiss to my temple, "I am, but it's not a bad thing," she assured me, causing my lips to twitch up into a small smile.

Vincent groaned slightly to himself, "You guys are a lovey-dovey kind of couple?" he asked, realizing that he'd never actually seen us together before.

No...

We're the kind of couple who fucks in the bathroom.

And the car.

And the kitchen.

And the garden.

Noa slid her hand up from my waist and gently grabbed the back of my neck, turning my head to her as she placed a brief kiss on my lips.