16 | I Have An Idea

Recommended song: MERCEDES By Brent Faiyaz

I lazily scrolled through my phone, practically sinking into my bed with boredom.

It felt like I could do anything, lounge by the pool, watch a movie down in the theatre, go to the gym—you name it and I could do it.

So long as it was on the estate grounds—I mean there's no way anyone's leaving without a real reason due to the ongoing war with the Reapers.

Either way, I felt... well, not bored.

Perhaps lonely?

Everyone seemed so busy—Vincent and Noa were entirely preoccupied with strategizing for the war.

And Arya—well, come to think of it, where is Arya?

I sat up out of bed suddenly—maybe she could dismiss my boredom.

I adjusted my sports bra and leggings as I slid on my furry slippers.

The estate is large, so I knew that Arya could be anywhere—but that also meant I'd be occupied for at least thirty minutes.

I let out a bored yawn as I exited my room—there was seemingly not a person in sight.

Mostly due to the intense meetings Noa has been holding.

I mean, I haven't even laid eyes on her in two days.

I scrunched my nose up at the thought, hating that it sounded too overbearing for my liking.

I'm perfectly fine without Noa by my side.

I had lived a life without being involved with her before, so I knew surely, I could do it now.

I hummed to myself as I walked down the shiny long halls—deciding to hit the gym first since Arya seemed to love it there.

But when the gym turned out to only be filled with mafia men and women all skillfully training, I determined that Arya must be somewhere else.

However, after looking in all the dining and living rooms, the movie theatre, the event rooms, the casino room, and the indoor and outdoor pools—I fell short, deciding that my last attempt would be the sauna.

But when the sauna turned out to be empty as well, I felt my eye practically twitch. Somewhere along the way, this became a challenge, and we all know how I felt about those.

I let out a huff, considering knocking on her door again—however, I was quickly halted when I caught a glimpse of brunette hair through the glass wall.

My brows automatically shot up, growing completely intrigued as I walked closer to the glass wall—confirming whether or not I had hallucinated the brunette I had been looking all over the estate for.

But instead, a smile almost instantly glided on my face as I caught a view of her familiar face through the mirror—fucking finally.

I practically skipped into the dance studio where Arya seemed to be hard at work.

The instructor's brown eyes locked on me, pausing the song as Arya froze in place—clearly confused about why she was being cut short.

However, when her eyes met mine, her confused look faded into a look of excitement.

"Lundy!" she cheered happily, practically running over to me and tackling me into a hug.

I rolled my eyes, "Well, hey there stranger, so happy to see you too," I sarcastically said.