30 | I chose

Recommended song: Language By Brent Faiyaz

Noa wasn't lying when she said she'd be there for me.

Even on her most busy nights, she made sure to be by my side—dangling her laptop on her lap while holding me to her side.

It made me look forward to waking back up, knowing the nightmares were inevitable.

And even when they eventually stopped a couple of weeks later, Noa didn't stop staying by my side—claiming she wanted to be sure they were done.

"Hellooo earth to miss daydreamer," Arya snapped me from my thoughts.

I shook my head a couple of times, smiling shyly as I picked up my fork, "When you talk about boring stuff, I have no choice but to zone out," I defended.

Arya scoffed dramatically, "Um, fight moves aren't boring."

I lazily raised my brows, "They are when you know all of them," I pointed out, poking my fork in the strawberry.

Arya rolled her eyes, leaning back into her chair, "Whatever miss know it all—I'm just trying to prepare for the war," she retorted.

Something inside of me fell at even the mention of the war, hating that so many bombings and shootouts had happened over the span of the last couple of weeks.

Noa seemed...

Well, stressed to say the least.

"Sorry, I know it's a weird subject for you," Arya suddenly said, clearly taking in my sudden silence.

I shook my head a few times, "No-no it's fine—I'm fine."

There goes that word that Noa hates.

"Are you doing better with coping?" Arya asked, clearly checking in on me, which somehow felt like a daily thing.

I nodded, knowing that I had so much support.

"Yeah, yeah—everything seems to be leveling out," I said, taking a bite of one of the strawberries.

Arya smiled slightly, "That's good—I swear Vincent has been worried sick."

I laughed slightly, "What, did he tell you that after practically sticking his tongue down your throat?" I joked, causing Arya to throw one of her chips at me.

"I can't help that he loves to tap this," Arya said, wiggling her brows at me.

I scrunched up my nose, "That's disgusting—you guys are disgusting," I determined, easily earning a few laughs from Arya.

And before the brunette could counter what I had said, Vincent was walking into the dining room—looking entirely stressed.

"Hey, you good Vince?" I asked, watching as he sat down next to Arya with a huff.

Vincent lazily shrugged, "Oh sure—Noa is just stressing us all out over this next attack," he sarcastically said.

And the last thing I felt was irritation with Noa like Vincent clearly was.