23 | I Think I'd Enjoy That

Recommended song: Persian Rugs By PARTYNEXTDOOR

"Okay but this pasta is so good," Arya said as she hummed contently.

Vincent nodded as he sipped his water, "You know I hate complimenting you because of your ego, but it is really good," he said, easily earning a teasing smirk from me. 

Arya laughed to herself, sticking her fork in her pasta, "Seems you just boosted it," she joked, and before I could tease Vincent about it further, Noa walked into the dining room.

I took in the serious look that seemed to be glued to her face at all times as she walked toward the table. 

"Finally—if you took any longer you wouldn't be having any pasta," Vincent joked as Noa sat down beside me, easily making my heart speed up in my chest. 

I could feel Noa's eyes glance over to me, "You're not eating?" she asked as she grabbed one of the stacked bowls. 

Knowing I had to emerge back into modeling soon enough, eating pasta definitely wasn't on the agenda. 

"She's weird about what she eats—you know models," Vincent said, twirling his fork in his pasta. 

I nodded as I ignored Noa's stare, knowing if we locked eyes—I'd visibly be blushing. 

"I have to maintain my measurements," I told her, picking up my cup of water to help distract myself from her obvious stare. 

Noa picked up the tongs from the pasta bowl, "So what are you eating?" she questioned, putting the pasta onto her plate. 

I shrugged, not exactly worried about my next meal. The hunger doesn't even affect me anymore. 

"I'll figure it out later," I said, knowing I'd probably have some fruit or something. 

Noa hummed, "Or maybe you could have a cheat meal," she suggested. 

A cheat meal? 

What's that? 

Arya nodded, "Yeah, I mean you did make it—one serving couldn't hurt." 

Vincent raised his brows, "If Lundy eats this pasta, I think pigs would be flying," he joked, knowing I wouldn't touch it. 

I laughed as I shook my head, looking around at everyone, "Yeah, I don't think—" but when I finally met Noa's stare, I easily cut myself short, freezing slightly at the stern look coating her face, "Maybe a little won't hurt," I suggested, grabbing one of the stacked bowls. 

But Noa easily beat me to it—grabbing one for me before scooping the pasta into it. 

Vincent stood from his chair, easily making my brows furrow, "Where are you going?" 

He only shrugged, "To see if pigs are flying," he determined, earning a chuckle from me.

I swear he's so extra sometimes.  

Arya laughed, "You're funny—" but when Vincent actually walked away toward one of the doors, Arya stood from her chair too, "Vince really?" she called behind him, still laughing to herself.