8 | Please?

Recommended song: Can I By Drake

My brows were furrowed as I carefully watched Noa knot the lacy material around my wrists—before folding my arms back to rest behind my neck.

My boldness was slowly fading by the second, especially with how unpredictable Noa's actions felt at this moment, but I was never one to drop my poker face.

However, I felt part of my facade crack when Noa pulled me away from the door, guiding me over to the glass conference room table before folding me over it.

I tensed as soon as the glass came into contact with my stomach, turning my head slightly so my cheek rested comfortably against the cool glass.

Noa pulled my dress up to my waist, "Since you like to act like a child, I'm going to treat you like one."

My brows furrowed, is she about to spank me?

"Safeword," she demanded.

Safe word? What's that?

And why do I need it?

As if Noa could practically read my thoughts, she said, "Pick a word that you can use in place of the word stop—for whenever your limits are pushed too far."

I smiled slightly, "Why not just use the word stop?" I asked in a deflated tone.

I tensed slightly when Noa placed her hand on my bare ass.

"Lunden," Noa warned, clearly impatient as she drew her hand back.

"Okay-okay—um sunflower," I forced out the first word I could think of before her hand came back down onto my ass. I had never heard my own voice sound so rushed and uneasy. It was weird.

I knew I'd never actually say the word unless I had to, especially since I'm allergic to the particular flower.

I sucked in a slight breath when she placed her hand back on my ass in its original spot. I seriously felt on edge, not knowing what her next move was—and then on top of that, trying to anticipate it.

"Here's how this is going to work—" my eyes fluttered shut when Noa's hand began grazing the skin of my ass so delicately that it felt like a warning for what was about to come, "—You're going to name off every time you misbehaved tonight and earn a spanking for the behavior."

I felt my eyes shoot open, automatically shutting the demand down in my head.

Noa hummed, "Do I make myself clear?"

I felt my jaw tighten, knowing I wasn't about to let her spank me—I don't even know what I did wrong, and even if I did, I am not apologizing.

"No," I gritted.

I sucked in a sharp breath when Noa's hand lifted from my ass, anticipating her to smack it back down, but instead, I heard the sound of... jingling?

My eyes almost immediately widened in realization.

She's taking off her belt.

Noa sighed roughly, "I don't understand why you have to make this so hard for yourself."