26 | Surprise

Recommended song: Hold On, We're Going Home By Drake

My heart thumped in my chest as we approached the familiar brick building that I would practically consider home—suddenly feeling like bringing Noa here was a big deal.

I mean... was it a big deal?

One of the suited men guided the door open for us while the others stopped in place to let us walk through.

The place was as busy as usual with people filling up all the tables as they conversed excitedly.

However, everyone's attention managed to drift over to us due to the guarded men surrounding us. 

Then again, I was used to the attention, especially as a model.

"Lundy mi dulce niña!" Her familiar voice echoed in the restaurant, easily making a smile grow on my face.

"Teresa," I said, practically beaming as I made it over to the counter.

The short brunette woman walked around the counter, pulling me into a deep hug as she kissed my cheek.

"We've all missed you so much—how have you been? How's modeling?" she asked excitedly, pulling away from the hug with a wide grin.

Even the sight of her familiar face managed to make my smile grow, "It's good. I'm taking a break right now, but I'm scheduled to be in the next Dolce show later on this year."

Teresa's grin grew, "I'm so proud of you," she said, pinching my cheeks as her eyes glanced over behind me. "And who is this?" she suddenly asked, causing me to follow her line of sight.

Noa extended a respectful hand as her demeanor remained entirely serious—I swear she looked so out of place here.

However, when Teresa pulled Noa into a hug instead, Noa's eyes widened slightly—furrowing her brows as she hesitantly hugged her back.

"Ay, dios mío—you got a girlfriend?" She asked, her tone clearly excited as she pulled back from Noa.

My eyes immediately widened, realizing how this looked—and with the way Noa's eyes widened too, it seems she realized it too.

I awkwardly clear my throat, "Oh, uh, no—she's..." I trailed off, not exactly knowing how to label her.

Calling her a friend felt too offensive to me.

Teresa only nodded a few times, "Ah, I see," she said, giving us a knowing look as she walked back behind the counter, which easily made my face grow hot, "What do you guys want to eat?" she asked.

I hummed to myself, pushing my shyness away, "I want the strawberry and banana smoothie and..." I briefly glanced over to Noa who raised a slight brow, "And a breakfast burrito—only eggs and steak please."

Teresa's brows raised slightly, "Wow, it's been so long since you ordered food," she said, inputting the order with a clear look of surprise.

I subtly smiled, knowing there was only one reason behind my order—or one person.

When Teresa looked at Noa, she said, "I'll have the breakfast tacos—hot sauce on the side please," she said respectfully, which earned a firm nod from the woman.

"I'll have it out for you guys in a few minutes," Teresa said, and when Noa began sliding her wallet from her pocket, Teresa firmly shook her head a few times, "No-no, it's on the house," she insisted.

But Noa only raised a challenging brow. Here we go.

Noa slid the crisp one hundred dollar bill across the counter, "Consider this a tip then," she said, and before Teresa could decline she was guiding us both away toward one of the empty tables.