13 | Yours

Recommended song: Don't By Bryson Tiller

I narrowed my eyes at her, recalling the earlier events with Aliza, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Noa slammed the car door shut, "I should be asking you the same thing," she gritted.

I shook my head at her, "How the fuck did you even find me?" I said, realizing that I might've underestimated how easy it was to leave the estate.

Noa narrowed her eyes at me, "You really think I don't have security detail on you?" she carefully asked, turning on her heel—and I knew she was expecting me to follow her.

But I didn't.

I purposefully stayed put, which easily forced the faces of the crowd around me to morph into a look of surprise—clearly taken aback that I was openly disobeying their highest boss.

Well, their highest boss is a bitch, who expects me to only fuck her while she fucks other girls.

And that's a huge no for me.

Noa sharply turned back around, and at this point, I could visibly see her irritation morph into anger.

I sucked in a slight breath when Noa leaned down to my ear, "Do you want me to embarrass you right now?" she asked carefully, allowing her warm breath to fan down onto my ear.

I tightened my jaw, knowing it wouldn't be worth the public display—especially since Noa would definitely win whatever fight she was about to propose.

"No," I gritted out.

Noa hummed tightly, "Then let's go."

But I could only think of what had happened earlier, and how unfair she constantly is.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "I'd rather stay here with Val," I said, taking a firm challenging step toward her.

Noa raised a sharp brow, allowing her lips to twitch up into a smirk, "You're really going to play with someone's life like that?" 

I blinked a few times, internally calling her bluff, but something told me that realistically, she'd kill Val in an instant.

"Fine, I'll go," I said, hating that I was giving in—but I knew better than to actually push a temperamental Noa.

Noa nodded once, "Wise choice," she said, and with that, I was following silently behind her.

As an awkward silence settled over me and Noa—and on top of that, her security detail—I allowed myself a moment to take in what seemed like a rare sighting.

Which was actually a normal outfit that Noa was seemingly wearing.

I've really only seen her polished and in a styled outfit, but oddly enough, I preferred her this way.

My brows furrowed when I noticed the unfamiliar hallway we were heading down—and without any security detail following behind us anymore.

"I'm not going to your room," I informed her as we stopped at an elevator.

Noa hummed sharply as she held her finger on the digital screen, which scanned her print.

"You seem to have a lot of demands tonight," she said as the elevator doors glided open.

I crossed my arms over my chest as Noa held her arm in front of the open doors, motioning me in first.

But when I didn't move, Noa said, "Get in the elevator, Lunden."

I gave her a narrowed look, "No—"

"You're mistaking what I said for a question," Noa cut me short, tapping the elevator as she said, "Get in."