5| Maybe I Did Win

Recommended song: Poison by Brent Faiyaz

I let out an irritated groan as I rinsed the soapy suds off my body—feeling completely irritated by the fact that Noa had crossed my mind for the hundredth time since last night.

And it was only the next morning.

Every single thought is entirely consumed by her and it's actually pissing me off.

I seriously need to just go to some random bar and find someone to hook up with.

And I mean ASAP.

I refuse to let these thoughts continue—so why the fuck are they continuing?

I angrily slid the shower curtain open, grabbing the nearest black fluffy towel to wrap around my body.

As I dried off—and got dressed into black shorts with a black tank top that dipped at my cleavage, and a baby pink bolero—I could only think of one thing.

Or one person.

And every single time I thought of her, I instantly countered with, she has to be thinking of me too.

She has to be.

There's no way she's not.

I pulled my shiny dark hair into a high ponytail before sliding on my black furry slippers.

Soon I was headed down toward the dining hall that I knew would be crowded with people dressed strictly in black, well, except for one person in particular.

"Noa!"

I looked up almost instantaneously, hearing my brother's scolded tone that seemed to be due to Noa stealing Vincent's coffee before he got a chance to drink it.

"Thought it was for me," Noa calmly said, sipping the warm coffee as she kept her stare placed on her phone.

Vincent remained silent, narrowing his eyes at Noa as he sharply grabbed his croissant. The slight scene of an irritated Vincent easily made me laugh internally to myself. I love annoying him, and it's clear Noa does too.

"Lundy! So glad you could make it. Fetch me a coffee will you?" Vincent called as I walked past the people seated at the long table. Almost instantly, Noa's dark eyes shot up from her phone at the mention of my name, meeting my stare that was already directed at her.

Out of everything I felt at that very moment, the one thing I wanted to do was strangle her for crowding up space in my head.

I shook my head as I sat down into the only vacant seat, which was across from Vincent—but annoyingly right beside Noa who was at the head of the table.

"Too late, I've already sat down now," I said to Vincent, using the first excuse I could think of.

Vincent narrowed his eyes at me, chewing his food before he said, "But I asked you when you were standing up."

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, I just don't want to get it. Is that what you want to hear?"

Vincent only reciprocated my eye roll, "At least you're honest," he retorted.

"Oh, she's far from honest."

My eyes darted to Noa, who held the matte black mug in her hand—the same hand that—

"Yeah, I'm sure Lundy has enough secrets to last at least three lifetimes," Vincent joked, shaking his head to himself.

Noa lazily raised her brows, "Probably more than just three," she added in a clear insinuation, forcing my face to harden.