31 | Go on

Recommended song: Wading By Jhené Aiko

She had to forgive me.

She couldn't possibly stay mad at me for knowing about her parents.

Eventually, she had to move past it.

Right?

I let out a deep breath, Wrong.

She didn't have to do anything.

And knowing Noa, she'd probably shut me out after this.

I shook my head to myself—she already has shut me out.

"I'm so fucking stupid," I whispered, feeling my eyes burn as I stared at the annoying yellow daisies in front of me.

It only hurt me further—recalling the time when she had replaced the entire garden for me.

The same garden she touched me in.

I shouldn't have gotten my feelings involved.

I never do—and of course, the one time that I do, the other person doesn't even feel the same way.

Any of my previous flings would've been ecstatic to know that I had feelings for them, even if it was barely an ounce.

That was the effect I had on people. That's who I was.

So who am I now?

It's like I'm a completely different person when I'm with Noa.

The world burns brighter, my smile seems to be permanent, and I seem to be the one letting go of control.

And for once it felt good to release control.

I blinked back the stinging tears, I hate her.

You love her, said the annoying voice in my head.

And that's exactly why I hate her.

I hate her for making me fall in love with her.

I hate her for cutting me off so easily.

I hate her...

Because I love her.

Maybe this is exactly what I get.

I laughed weakly to myself, karma is a bitch, and I'm beginning to realize that she might just be a bigger one than me.

All those people that I left upset at the bright hour of the morning—or even the one woman in Paris who grew obsessed with me after a few nights together.

I left not only her but everyone else with an empty chest—taking whatever I could for myself as I ventured off onto my next journey.

It was all bound to catch up to me eventually.

And the fucking irony of it was that it had to be Noa who delivered that slice of karma to me on a stupid shiny plate.