36 | SWAT Team

Recommended song: Could've Been By H.E.R.

"Fine-fine, I'll be there," I said, applying my lipgloss as I analyzed my face in the vanity mirror. 

The woman on the other line hummed, "Good, you always bring in business," she said, knowing that the nightclub she owned would always be packed with people whenever I showed up. 

I smiled slightly, "And you say you don't need me," I teased, which easily earned a laugh from her on the other end of the line. 

"I'm not countering that one," she declared, knowing it would only boost my ego. 

I lazily hummed, "I'll see you later Syd," I said, knowing the call was growing long. 

"In an hour?" 

I nodded to myself, "In an hour." 

The woman hummed, "So that's two hours in Lunden time," she assumed, knowing how I liked to take my time. 

I couldn't help but chuckle, "Two hours in Lunden time," I agreed before we mutually ended the call. 

I let out a bored sigh, setting my lipgloss down on the vanity top. 

"You can stop now," I said, looking down at the woman on her knees. 

The woman pulled back from between my legs, wiping her mouth slightly as she said, "How did that feel?" 

I forced a satisfied smile even if I felt entirely bored of her presence. 

"Incroyable," I said in French, forcing my smile to grow. Translation: Incredible. 

The woman smiled as she stood to her feet, "Maybe I'll see you tonight?" she asked, clearly hoping to see me again. 

I let out an unamused hum as I stood to my feet, "I don't think so," I said, knowing I'd be onto someone different tonight. I lazily motioned to the door, "You can see yourself out." 

I didn't bother giving the woman another glance as I headed over to the attached bathroom of my hotel room. 

Paris was the same as it always was this time of year. 

Which seemed to be as busy as ever with spring fashion week underway. 

It had been six months since I left New Orleans—and while the first couple of months were rough, I found myself enjoying my freedom. 

Especially now with new spring flowers blooming and the beautiful month of April coming to an end, which also meant summer was around the corner. 

Her men have been guarding me up until this very moment, and I can't lie and say that I'm not enjoying putting on a show. 

I know she's heard of all the women following me back to my room in each city I visit. 

And somehow that leaves me entirely content—even if she deserves worse. 

Meanwhile, the Saints and Reapers still seem to be going at it, and luckily for me, they decided to leave me out of it. 

I haven't seen Vincent or Arya since I left—although my parents have visited me a few times. 

We had shopping sprees in Milan, foodie adventures in Rome, and beach days in Greece. 

Life was good—it was so good that it felt entirely refreshing. 

And if my modeling career hadn't taken off before, it surely is now—At this point, I've worked with every fashion house, and they always seem to be calling me back for more.